1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Donny doomed?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bigalreigned, Sep 13, 2019.

1. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

We were lucky not to lose today, Donny were strong, organised, and dangerous on the break and hit the post twice, we however gave our front players very little service and hardly had a serious shot on goal all match, Norwood missed 2 one on one's with the keeper but it was a tight angle.
    Defensively we look shaky with the same ball to the LB area catching us out several times in the first half with Kenlock not coping, still it's mid September and we play until April so we have time to improve.
    We have to be more creative, we have to solve problems as we play, and we keep hold of KVY he looks far and away our best footballer and Evans will probably look to sell him in January for a fortune if he carries on performing like he is.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  2. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

I did notice there were loads of 6 fingered, sister shaggers hugging each other on sky Sports, that sort of **** shouldn't be allowed!
    When's the open top bus parade?

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Tell you what, City were not at it. Sloppy as in defence. Maybe they got a bit cocky, or maybe they are missing Kompany and are not going to keep up with Liverpool.

But credit to Norwich for the movement from back to front and attacking play. Might be in and around the lower reaches of the top six or seven playing like that all season.

For the first time in my life I would like to see Norwich make it into Europe and have a stable few years - might shame our owner into some action.

canary on the weald likes this.
  4. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I actually think it’s refreshing to see a promoted team play attacking football for a change

canary on the weald likes this.
  5. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

I’m done with judge. It’s not working and it’s as important what he does for the 90% of the game without the ball as it is when he’s on it. Which is relatively little so far, I might add.

The long ball issue is a problem. Seriously worries me it’s our default system. We have ball players, we have to use them to feed the forwards.

City had a blip. But Norwich really have their sh1t together. Credit to them. If they can do it do can we...

As an aside, I’m genuinely enthusiastic and excited about the ENGLAND team for the first time since the 2000 tournament. We now have so many excellent young players playing in first teams fir the first time since that era. Phil Foden, sancho, and sterling look like world class players in the making.

Nuggets likes this.
  6. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Could have been worse yesterday, still pretty pleased how things have gone, were always going to have an off day and perhaps it's a bit of a reality check after a good start in the fact that we haven't actually got the best squad and won't walk the league. We actually have a really inexperienced squad at this or any level, made up of academy players, players who've played at the lower leagues and also injury prone players. We're only a couple of injuries away from having an injury crisis and having to rely on unfit players.

I have to say so far I'm very impressed with how we are doing and think the 'strength' of our squad has been vastly over estimated.

Fair play to the club up the road, very well run and an example to all but them getting into Europe no thanks much rather be playing them next season thanks. Strange to think this time last year we were in the same division with us being quietly optimistic and scum fans wanting rid of their manager...how quickly things can turn.

Nuggets and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.