1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Done deal

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

3. Red Robin

4. Red Robin

please log in to view this image

5. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

How do you know it's not the other way round Pearson making sure he can work with Ashton and SL?

8. Red Robin

Exactly i think this works both ways-but i hope he brings his trusted guys in for next season if it all works out.

Jiffie likes this.
  9. oneforthebristolcity

Because SL would do it his way.....or it won't happen......he's doing the appointing...make no mistake, he won't be dictated to........that's why he is where he is!!........IMO.

10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

In our present situation if you believe that then you are deluded.

Can you imagine the outcry if this doesn't happen?

11. oneforthebristolcity

Would he care about the outcry, if he feels it's not right for the club..........won't give two monkey's

12. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

He had the biggest wake up call of his BCFC ownership on Saturday evening, courtesy of Paul Simpson, who obviously realised that he had nothing to lose, of course he'll give 2 monkeys.

13. Supcon72

14. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

One of the things I noticed in Steve Lansdown's interview was that he looked very tired and somewhat fed up and I almost get the impression that finally he has decided that his previous routes to the promised land haven't worked. Should that really be the case then I will be the first to say to him that the almost certain hiring of Nigel Pearson is the highlight of his ownership of Bristol City. Pearson has always been a no nonsense kind of guy who can step up to the plate when needed to assess what we have followed by what we need and then we proceed from there. Survival is the key for the rest of the season and a review of our players and systems is long overdue because bringing in more bodies with no idea how they are going to be used has been a fruitless attempt at building a contender.

I hope the footballing world is watching what could possibly be a game changing appointment by Bristol City whereas we have at last woken up to the well known fact that if you want success then you hire only the best to carry out your plan. Nigel Pearson is I believe the right person for the job based on his experiences and let's hope the transition from lousy football to the kind of play we all would want goes smoothly without too many noses being put out joint.

Welcome aboard Nigel and I hope you realize how important your appointment is to all followers of Bristol City. <applause>

Red Robin likes this.
  15. Supcon72

I never thought they would go for him tbh, so maybe they have learnt. Like many on here, I think the harsh reality of a misguided appointment last summer has finally hit SL like a Mike Tyson uppercut. Time will tell, but on paper, it looks like a corking appointment.

Red Robin likes this.
  16. Red Robin

Massive improvement Mike -proper no nonsense manager that hates losing he was a winner on the pitch-winner as a manager and hates losing.
    Just what Bristol City need :1980_boogie_down:

Those players will be dropped like stones if they don’t perform.

Leicester fans reckon he will be a fantastic appointment for our club.

17. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

And I think that uppercut came from the first totally honest post match reaction from Paul Simpson in many a year, I know I criticised him reference the way we have been playing but fair play to him that interview opened up a proper can of worms, that SL could never misconstrue, to me he criticised Holden for the lack of physicality in the squad, he told SL that saving City was beyond his and Downing's capability alone and SL needed to act fast and he blew the lid off of the circus surrounding Joe Williams injury problems.

If we do manage to keep our championship status I think whatever happens to Simpson, he needs a huge fans pat on the back for making SL to finally see sense.

18. Supcon72

I didn't hear any reference to the Williams injury in his interview? Agree with the rest though.

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I just think it's great that the initials are changing, LJ is fast disappearing, they are a spent force and with a few exceptions they will soon be gone and stay up North, DH although respected has almost evaporated overnight, NP are the new kids on the block now they have signed up on the dotted, we are all desperate for them to succeed, firm, mature, well known, we are all together in our welcome to them and can't wait for NP to fight for our cause and lead us back up the league.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  20. Supcon72

I'm like that when all our new managers are appointed, whether they were who I wanted or not. Same when they're gone, they move on and I wish them well in their new endeavours, DH, LJ, SC, SoD, DM et al.