1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Doncaster

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Jan 2, 2022.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Wow Doncaster should have been off the bottom of table after leading Morcombe 3 nil but Morcombe won 4-3. We would have been equal bottom if they had won.
    No chance Gills could of scored 4 either. Morcombe go out bottom 4 with Lincoln dropping in.
    Meanwhile Shrewsbury who were bottom when they beat us for there first win move up to 14th equal with Charlton.

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Last time I looked at the result, Doncaster were winning 1-3, I more or less accepted it was game over, never expected that comeback.

Lincoln, unreal after the good team they had last season, weren't they denied auto promotion with virtually the last kick of the game away against Posh, the infamous penalty.

Although I'm still struggling to believe we are where we are in the table, I think it was the right decision to call our games off due to covid, we need that rest, especially with the injuries we had, during a difficult period.

Whether I believe all these football cancellations across all leagues are covid, is another matter.

We've proved against MK Dons, we are capable of getting out of this rut, BUT....all the teams around us have improving form, and the thought of L2 football next season, just brings with it many more woes.

If we survive the drop, we will be delighted, but I'm still not convinced that is the end of our problems, I just can't see the direction the club is going at the moment, it rings the thoughts of people I read in twitter, is it time at my age to knock this on the head.

I've lost the incentive after some of the Chairmans videos this season, regardless of rights and wrongs, it's not a pretty look.

Clubs like Notts County are turning in 8-9k attendances, I've seen other non leaguers with similar, it's winter, it's gloomy, the Chairman needs to do something to bring back a smile to the place, because all I'm seeing at the moment is a place lost.

alwaysright likes this.
  3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb - it was sad to read the bit about ' is it time to knock this on the head. '......... but - I don't blame you - and agree with your sentiments (( and that's not just being cynical etc etc .))
    I appreciate that things are particularly difficult for The Gills - but - I agree with you - I think it goes deeper than Covid or injuries.. There is absolutely no positivity coming out of the Club... Scally seems incapable of 'engaging' with fans - to give us some hint of a feel-good factor any time soon..... I thought it was pathetic and actually rude that Mr. Scally couldn't be bothered to give a Christmas or New Year greeting on the Official website - very poor communication skill -- but -- it's only in-keeping with what we've been fed.. Has he forgotten about the fans ??

.... You may recall that 2 weeks ago, I drooled over the Spurs v Liverpool game..... today it was Liverpool v Chelsea that gave so much entertainment - for much less than it costs to pay for a Gills ticket....... and I was able to sit back in a comfy chair, stuffing my face with Christmas chocolates and a lovely brandy ( or 3 )....... what will I get next Saturday ?

brb likes this.