1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Doncaster Rovers v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 21, 2024.

?

City win?

1. City

2. Donny

3. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Jesus. You think Acun should send horses heads in taxis to agents and chairmen or something?

springtiger likes this.
  2. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

A plan would suffice.

Evington likes this.
  3. Mckechnie Orange

The plan should be judged when it reveals itself. And has had time to mature.

GlassHalfHull likes this.
  4. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

It’s not Line of Duty. The plan should be prepare the squad in good time for the new season and give the new manager a chance.

mazzer, GLP, Tentotwo and 4 others like this.
  5. Mckechnie Orange

You look at 90% of clubs in the universe that the plan but it happens when it happens, not when you want it tomorrow.

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

The average attendance in the Humber Premier League is somewhere around 50 people, maybe slightly more if a bigger club has come down.

For reference, when Brantham Athletic played Buckhurst Hill in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Qualifying round last season, the attendance was 58. And both those teams play two tiers higher than the Humber Premier League. At that level playing against the reserves of a professional team, which might feature some first team players coming back to fitness, it might actually boost their attendances, not harm them.

7. Jim the Tiger

Jim the Tiger Well-Known Member

High intensity minutes in the bank, chance to see how young players handle professional standard opposition as opposed to other kids at academy level and by the looks of it a chance to practice a quick transition with one full back coming across and joining the other on the same side. Happened quite a few times before and after the bigger boys came on.

8. nbetiger

nbetiger Well-Known Member

a.well deserved win for Doncaster it was like men against boys in the first half

TwoWrights likes this.
  9. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

I agree, we should have been planning on players from before the last window opened. The only problem with that, was that Del Boy & Rosie got over excited & brought in players on loan & short term, who mostly did well, but then his big head decided to sack the manager, the players went back & he didn’t have the new manager lined up, then it’s off on the Turkey jolly for a few weeks with no plans for signing anyone, just lots of key words thrown out in interviews & publicly, which mostly came to nothing!
    Getting rid of players is the plus point, but not having anything in place for the pre season tour is poor IMO!

10. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Almost had that situation myself. Ended up with both annual and monthly options, managed to get a refund for the latter a month later, but now can't get these damned pre-season games. The system is dross, poorly designed, poorly tested prior to release with custom support being lackadaisical at best.
    Not the best way to run a business, but users of this function are peanuts in the overall revenue stream.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.

11. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

For some posters on here, it’s like the transfer window is a new concept and they expect all the best players to be signed at the best prices before before the preseason starts.

You might not have noticed it, but our tactics over the last couple of seasons is to bag the best of premier league players that are surplus to their squads alongside taking punts overseas because those transfers represent better values.
    You might also have noticed that there has been very little in terms of significant moves with Premier League teams thus far so they haven’t yet worked out who are surplus to requirements.

I’m sure we could pay top money and fill the team with league 1 players but that doesn’t get you to a team capable of challenging for promotion.

apologies to most on here where I’m stating the bleeding obvious but I’m getting sick of these piss the bed types with extremely short memories.

12. Summerof69

Summerof69 Well-Known Member

You are aware that the Manager is also expressing his concerns at the lack of players available?

13. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

Acun picks the team and brings in loads of players the manager doesn't even want. He controls everything and he needs to step back.

Now...

Acun took too long to bring a manager in and there's no plan at all so we've got no players coming in. The club isn't doing enough.

Poor bastard can't win either way.

14. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

I mean Ipswich have just got promoted with a squad of L1 players and the likes of Greaves, Szmodics, Clarke, Whittaker have all played in L1. There's absolutely nothing wrong with signing players from that league.

15. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

16. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

You mean like the 'five year plan'? Has that already been ditched?and he didn't give Rosenior much time to mature did he? Or Shota, or Grant for that matter, he never even got a sniff.
    You seem to be putting yourself up as the defender of the club and the regime. Fair enough if that is your view. A role I took on for years when the club were genuinley skint and in serious trouble. I don't think we are broke and the trouble is all self inflicted. We look like a basket case to the outside football world.
    The reality is this close season has been a shambles so far and personally i don't believe a word that is coming out of the club at the moment. Someone has taken thier eye off the ball the minute the final whistle blew at Home Park.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2024
    Help!, Tigger, tigermaul and 7 others like this.
  17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That's a strange analysis really. Surely he could be active in bringing in managers and players but refrain from being involved in selection decisions and bringing in players his manager doesn't want. Doesn't seem that strict a requirement to me.

SydneyTiger14 and Cheddarhead7 like this.
  18. Benjo

Benjo Well-Known Member

This only rings true if you believe either of the statements I posted are accurate, which I don't believe either of them are.

Acun has never selected the team.

The club will have been working on players this whole time.

You're right. It is a strange analysis because it was based on the stuff spouted amongst the fan base.

19. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

Then he should stop giving out interviews saying, “we’re signing a player this week,” all the time & just let it happen when it happens.
    Also, yes, we have signed loads of players at the last minute, does it give the players & NEW manager time to adapt to their system’s & surroundings? Will they be able to cope without the same preseason? Will it be the usual, “well he’s not match fit yet, due to no preseason training?”

mazzer and SydneyTiger14 like this.
  20. Jim the Tiger

Jim the Tiger Well-Known Member

I think that is stretching his words a little.
    There are players coming in very soon, it really is not the time to piss the bed.