1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Doncaster match

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Mar 26, 2019.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Three changes for tonight's game Sercombe Nicholls and Kilgour dropped to the bench.
    Team
    Bonham, J Clarke, Lockyer, Craig, Holmes-Dennis, Upson, O Clarke, Ogogo, Reilly, Jakubiak, Clarke-Harris

Subs
    Smith, Partington, Kilgour, Sinclair, Sercombe, Deon Moore, Nicholls

Deon Moore promoted from dev squad for tonight's match

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I unfortunately paid £10 to watch this game in ifollow. Suppose that's better than forking out money for travel and ticket to go watch the game in person to watch that crap.

3 changes to the team from a team that's been doing well may have been a mistake. A few players last night really under performed. Jakubiak worked hard with lots of running but every time he has the ball he gave it away. You could see JCH was frustrated with him at times. Holmes Dennis was not good at all. The Donny winger (on loan from Leeds) had HD in his back pocket all game.

It was a penalty that was correctly awarded but soon after JCH should have been awarded another penalty which to me was more of a penalty that was given. The ref was close and had a perfect view but bottled it. He didn't want to award 2 penalties to the same team within as many minutes. Simple as that. Not saying we would have scored it or come back to get a result but it would have been interesting to see how Donny would have reacted after conceding 2 quick goals and would have been interesting to see how we would have played after as well. Even if it would had ended 4-2, that's a better goal difference than 4-1. Our goal difference at the moment basically gives us an extra point over the other teams around us. But a minus 3 goals last night, we could lose that extra point advantage from our goal difference very soon. Especially as we face top of the table Luton on Saturday who doesn't seem to know how to lose at the moment.

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Everything points to another defeat on Saturday, they beat Donny 4 - 0 I think but I have a feeling that we can snatch a draw against Luton

4. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

GC needs to stick to the side that's done petty well since he took charge. Nichols and Sercombe were missed, and playing three up front was catastrophic. 442 would have given the full backs more protection and realistically, the better sides will run up cricket scores if the side's set up to attack these sides. Hopefully we'll get something from Luton. Don't think Luton will have learnt much from last night.