1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Donald responds to panicking fans...

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jun 25, 2019.

1. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Well said Smug, Sky television is killing the game, which is strange when you think by pumping the Billions they have done should make it better, it's just made greedy owners and players.
    League One for all its detractors at least is honest grass roots type football even though it isn't very good standards wise.
    It's the level were at at the moment and it's down to the club to remedy that but I'm not in any great hurry to dash back to the Premiership although that's a bit selfish of me.
    Looking forward to the new season and getting back on the merry go round, at least my finger nails have had a bit of a rest these past few weeks.

clockstander and Gil T Azell like this.
  2. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

My feelings for football is probably about 20% of what it was 20 years ago and that drops daily I’m afraid.

3. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Stewart Donald has deleted his Twitter account this morning (it's still there but you can't see anything). I wonder if there's any significance to that or if he's just sick of the crap people give him on there.

RTB likes this.
  4. cumbrianmackem

Probably sick of the crap Norton.
    There's no doubt we have a massive fan base but there's also no doubting a lot of them are seriously demanding and love to whinge and to let others know their negative views.
    We all want our transfers sorting out yesterday but it's not like that in the real world so why not wait and see what happens cos venting your spleen about every little issue doesn't make it happen and quicker.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

That can only be good news - for his sanity and mental well being at least.

6. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

It was apparently because he answered a fan who slated the things happening at the club ("takeover", Lack of transfers etc.) and told him exactly how it was which led to the same fan getting a load of abuse from SAFC fans and then blaming Donald for it! Pussy!!

7. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

I suspect the latter. No reason to subject yourself to a bunch of trolling morons.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  8. The Norton Cat

There's always some idiot that ruins it for everyone else. Not many chairmen would openly discuss things with fans in this way and he used it to connect in a meaningful way, like helping stranded fans. I know everyone likes to have a moan at the football and express their strongly held opinions but some people seem to think that it's perfectly acceptable to directly abuse people in positions of authority at football clubs even when those people are doing their very best for the club.

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

For the record I didn't see the tweets and am just re-iterating what I was told happened. The fan in question called it "encouraging a pile on"

10. The Norton Cat

Fair enough. Roker Report are reporting that it was the result of a disagreement between Stewart and a fan. I don't see the point in giving the bloke **** on Twitter. He's not going to give away information if its detrimental to club and often people are asking to know stuff that, if they thought about it, the club should be keeping to themselves

11. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

12. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

We should have kept Catts and deleted stewart donald instead.

13. The Norton Cat

What?! What's wrong with Stewart?!

14. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

He bought the club with parachute money. Declared war on the lads ready to make the jump to the first team and chased away a lot of players. Wants to sell 65% of the club and still retain control. He might, but I do not truly believe he wants the club to earn promotion. He can't afford it. Maja and Catts were not the bad guys.

15. maddawgmackem

maddawgmackem Member

You may find a few of the lads disagree with you !!

16. The Norton Cat

He's made mistakes, granted. But, apart from yesterday's little Twitter spat, he's brought back the connection between the club and the community. He's sorted out the terrible financial situation the club was in. He's looked to bring investment in (Juan) and appears still to be looking to bring more investment. He claims that he doesn't need to do that to get us promoted- what reason is there to doubt him? No one said Cattermole was the bad guy, he's just not value for money in League 1. I'd much rather have Stewart Donald than a lot of other club owners.

clockstander, RTB, Nacho and 2 others like this.
  17. cumbrianmackem

Don't often disagree with your comments Hefty but can't see where your coming from here.

18. Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight Active Member

Are you lads confident of getting back up to the Championship?

19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Depends who we sign, atm we're weaker than last season and we didn't manage it then. Should have a solid budget and better players incoming but too early to say with any accuracy.

20. General Lee Speaking 1st

General Lee Speaking 1st Active Member

Donald seems a bit of a blagger who has quickly found he is out of his depth. His engagement on social media has clearly gone full circle now which does support this theory.