1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Donacien back at Accrington

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Jan 18, 2019.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I don't think Donacien is a world beater by any stretch I just think he's better than Spence but to be fair I think what I've seen of Emmanuel I've been more impressed with him than either of the others....

Long and short of it is RB is still a problem as it has been for 10 years!! Emmanuel could well end up being that player but we wont know until he's given a go

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I don’t fancy Emmanuel over Donacien but neither of them are exactly Mick Mills.

3. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Emmanuel is a strange one for me.

I thought 16/17 the 3-0 loss at Newcastle, he came on half time and yes losing he was very very good and looked a real prospect.

He's actually played more games at a higher level more than Donacien ( not a pop, factual ) and won Rotherham's young player of the year last season.

This season, until Shrewsbury changed management, he was playing every week!

The lads only 21, not 22 until August. Be interesting to see what happens with him.

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Woolfy, Cresswell, players like that - you can just see they are a player. The rest maybe can make a decent Championship player or play in the top flight if they're lucky to get an opportunity, but if someone has the potential to be a top player you can see it from the off and I've not got that from Emmanuel.

5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Oh very much agreed with Emmanuel - and to be honest very difficult for me to really rate a lot of our players as Ukraine right now / don't get to games live / only see games that are streamable ( no point me paying for a game, I might have work schedules erratic )

I really enjoy seeing what you guys make of various players etc.

6. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised to see Emmanuel go back out on loan elsewhere.. Lambert has said on a few occasions that he thinks it is unfair to "ask too much of the kids" and he could have been recalled because he wasn't getting much game time. That said Lambert might just be interested in having a look at him for a couple of weeks before making a decision.

Also, I know there are a few who don't rate Pennington, but I actually think he could be our best option at right back for the rest of the season. He doesn't offer a massive amount going forward, but he's pretty comfortable in possession (for us) and has far better positional sense and ability to defend than Spence has shown... He even wins his headers.
    It reminds me a little of when we had Chambers at right back and a solid defensive option there is probably needed if we are going to play Lankester ahead of him. Pennington has also played there quite a bit as he filled in there with Everton U23's and Leeds last season so he isn't a round peg in a square hole like some seem to think he is.