1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Does the SPL need Rangers? Will Rangers be missed?

Discussion in 'Scottish Premiership' started by Tom Selleck, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Tom Selleck

Tom Selleck Member

A new dawn is breaking for Scottish Football. A chance to create a fair and inclusive league not relying on one or two teams. I am a Celtic fan, but even I would welcome a bigger league and won that does indeed share the wealth a bit.

I remember the exciting 1980s when the league was truly competitive. The New Firm and the Edinburgh clubs were all major players, teams you could never treat with contempt or disrespect, which sadly has occurred ever since the so called 'Rangers Revolution' which perhaps might end up being called the 'Rangers Dissolution'. (I'm copyrighting that).

Too many OF fans raised over the last 20 years do not understand the competition the Scottish League once was. Also I do believe that if the SFA and SPL do not punish Rangers or the eventual entity it becomes appropriately, then Celtic's paranoia will be proven to be unfounded.

Over the years Rangers have undoubtedly benefited from a friendly media and perhaps a friendly group of officials (eg Hugh Dallas, never has there been such a pro-Gers 'neutral' ref) and so we have to ask questions of the Establishment and the so called Establishment club.

If Rangers are not put to the sword, then we can agree that our game is rotten to the core and we will all wonder about the penalty given or not in all of our games against Rangers.

Amongst true fans of clubs out-with Rangers, there has always been a suspicion of bias, so now is the time for our officials to prove us all wrong, and to dish out the punishment Rangers deserve.

2. HandsomeDaniel

Too many OF fans raised over the last 20 years do not understand the competition the Scottish League once was.

how mant titles have Celtic and Rangers won out of all championships?

98 out of 122 yeah competition has been great!

3. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

The OP is a complete an utter ****.

4. wizgub

wizgub Member

the bias of the establishment ironic considering that doncaster is best buds with lowell and we are getting hit with transfer embargo (which is illegal) on the basis of duel contracts (which we havnt bee found guilty of yet and which both roy and robbie keane were on)

yea thats right its RANGERS thats the establishment club ok then

5. 90MC

90MC New Member

Still going strong