1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Do we need another ball playing midfielder?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by GCTiger, Jun 30, 2014.

1. GCTiger

GCTiger Well-Known Member

If Thudd gets injured who replaces him...Quinny is the only one who looks after the ball as much as Tom does? Heard a half rumor about Charlie Adam but he loves a nasty tackle more than Cattermole does...plus he'd cost a bit.

2. Mike Hull

Mike Hull Member

Id be gutted if we signed Charlie Adam personally, horrible little twat.

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought we'd go for a defensive midfielder, so Huddz could move further up the pitch.

4. Geo10

Geo10 Well-Known Member

I'd rather us sign a ball winning midfielder than another ball player

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think we need another centre mid, but a ball player or holding midfielder, it's apples and oranges really.

Sign a holding midfielder would allow Huddlestone to move further up the pitch, I doubt we'd ever get another midfielder with the vision and ball kicking ability of Huddlestone.

On the flip side, Huddlestone isn't very mobile and wouldn't give the striker(s) a great deal of support with surging runs into the box etc. and he's also very, very good at breaking up play which often gets overlooked, and I think that'd be missed if he was sent further upfield.

It really depends who the ball playing type we could get might be, but on the face of it I think the pros and cons of either option just cancel each other out.

Except the point made about if Thudd got injured. The extra depth another ball player would bring would probably sway it in favour that way if it was down to me.

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Jose Rodriguez from Real Madrid B wouldn't be bad, he's getting good reviews there, probably have to be a loan though.