1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dispute between Ipswich Town and.........

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by NewJerseySwan, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CityAce

CityAce Member

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

But to say that the club ripped people off is crap, as it's not true they paid what can be afforded a decade or so back!

If I sent in an invoice for £1000 and they paid me £110 or £990 because that's all they could afford I would still have been ripped off.

It makes no difference if it was through a cva or any other reason paying only 11p or 12p or even 99p in the £ is a rip off.

3. xLuKeYx

xLuKeYx Member

Oh the irony, you really couldn't write this ****!

Jager, if you take over a business, you take over it's staff, it's creditors, it's customers and also it's debt. By your own logic, Cardiff City FC owe no money to anybody, since it was the previous owners who racked up the debt. Are you really sure you want to continue to go down the line of defense you have chosen here? Because your own points are weakening your own arguments. You should really learn something about business before you make crass, disrespectful statements like the one you did in bold.

That's a very good example, and should shoot anything jager has to say down in flames, as this was the exact same scenario with the swans. Mike Lewis bought swansea for a quid, because the business was in debt and, as the new owner, he was then responsible for those debts.

So the new owners of the club did creditors as a favour by not going into full admin?

These were your words, not mine.

So you acknowledge that the debt was passed on from the old owners to the new owners?

So you must also further acknowledge that because the debt is passed on when a business changes hands, the business gets sold for a reduced price? (as proven by my "swansea sold for a quid" comment earlier)

So do you acknowledge that you are actually making two claims here, one being that the new owners were not responsible for the debt ("you are not therefore liable to pay past creditors as they are not your debts"), and the other being that they could have put the club into full admin, hence acknowledging that the new owner WERE responsible for the debt? ("in fact the new owners of the club did creditors a favour, they could have put the club full in admin paid sod all")

So which one is it?

While you're thinking about things you can make up (probably about how the new owners didn't have to pay anything at all, but only did so out of the goodness of their little jack hearts), or how to most effectively twist my words (go for the "personal attacks mean you have lost the argument" line, that is clearly the most effective), I will leave you with a final thought, since you seem to love "proof" so much: you really have proven yourself to be a first class moron.

Thanks for playing, but this is where you lose. <ok>

4. EldonBluebird

EldonBluebird Active Member

That was a Muhammed Ali moment there from Lukey he floated like a butterfly and then STUNG like a Bee, no points decision here its a clear K.O.
    and your Winner in the BLUE corner !!!! Lukey !!!:emoticon-0165-muscl:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp

5. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Mike Lewis a convicted criminal sold the swans to another convicted criminal who ran up debts tried to sell the club down the swanny and was bought out by the existing owners of the club, because of those debts they placed the club in a cva as there was no money to pay creditors in full, as I stated they equally could have placed the club in admin and started again with no debts and retained the league position.

So to say the club ripped people off is not correct, because to rip someone off is illegal , the club entered into a legal agreement to pay creditors as much as possible, like many companies over the years! And you want the club to pay creditors from , despite them being discharged and there is no legal framework to pay said debtors now, and as they are debts they have already set the figure owed against taxes, as allowed by the revenue, but as you know nothing of business it's hardly surprising that you are basically writing crap on here.

And as been proven the club has not been admin twice and prophet with his blatant lies about that, and the lies that the swans owe him money, I am not surprised that you one eyed uneducated kaiirdifff fans know sod all.

Thank you for the continued support of the best premier league side in Wales , I don't know what I'd do without your kind words ;)

6. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

Cardiff had Peter Riddsdale aka the Riddler, Swansea have Jager aka the Wiggler

7. Blue Prophet

Blue Prophet Active Member

How stupid are you, swansea city entered into commercial contracts with people and companies KNOWING they couldn't honour them.........a lot of people were told by their legal advisors to take the pathetic offer made by swansea, because there was no money in the club and it would be throwing good money after bad to chase the debt. When a company picks up a company for peanuts, it is usually because the new owners are prepared to take on existing liabilities.

I tell you what I know, your cheapskate, lying, cheating club entered into contracts which they had no chance or intention of honouring, and paid pennies instead of pounds.

Then we have to put up with rubbish like how well swansea are run, the whole club is built on an edifice of deceit . your previous owners lied, cheated and robbed to milk whatever money they could out of the club and the local businesses, and if things had gone in another direction scfc could have ceased to exist.....................and yet we have to put up with ignorant, ill-informed idiots like you spouting bollox..........your club lied and cheated to avoid paying their debts how hard is that to understand <doh>

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

If he can't see that paying 11p in the £ is a rip off, there is no hope for him.

But he can lend me £1000 if he only wants £110 back.

Sweet.

9. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

Bollocks

If I go overdrawn by 1p without telling my bank, they slap me with an overdraft fee of £20. This is a rip off, yet the banks are free to do this by law. To rip someone off is not illegal.

10. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

So prophet you admit the previous owners racked the debts up not this one, and by that you admit that the cva entered was legal, and nobody was ripped off ! The cva entered into ensured that creditors got the best deal that was possible.

As for the drivel that the banks are ripping you off, that is not true either, the courts have stipulated that these charges are not a penalty and are legal, now I know who I subsidise as someone who goes overdrawn costs money and risks that free banking for people in credit, thank you for confirming how much of a hypocrite are you are.

And it gives me immense pleasure that you kairdifff fans support the swans , your betters so much ;)

11. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

So charging someone £20 on a debt of 1 pence is not a rip off, are you for real? Maybe all the past creditors of swansea town should abide by that.
    And how exactly do you subsides me going overdrawn? If I'm paying a fee , it would be reasonable to assume that the fee charged would cover the costs?

Keep on Wiggling

12. xLuKeYx

xLuKeYx Member

Forget the fact that Mike Lewis took the club for a ride, and his criminal status is irrelevant to your own argument, your futile attempt at misdirection shows a beaten man clutching at straws.

YOU were the one who said that the new owners were not liable for the debts, as they weren't the people who incurred them, so why did they have to enter a CVA? I thought you said there were no debts?

You cut my company's lawn every week for a month, and I agree to pay you £100. Come pay day, I tell you I have entered a CVA and now only owe you £11. Legal, yes, but highly immoral all the same.

And to say that to rip someone off is illegal is completely untrue, and you are trying to use complex legal jargon you clearly don't understand to strengthen what is a very weak position you are trying to hold. If I sold you a £10 hat for £15, you have been ripped off. This is not illegal as you agreed the price and entered into the contract. That, however, doesn't make it morally right and you were still ripped off.

The CVA you entered was done as a way of bringing the club out of administration.

"Back in 2002, our beloved Swansea City entered into a Creditors Voluntary Agreement in a bid to stave off the threat of extinction; this brought the club out of administration and back on the road to recovery"

Lifted from here, and written by a fellow swansea fan, albeit an unblinkered one.

As for the first occassion proph is talking about, sadly he is incorrect, you were not put into administration, you were wound up. Doesn't really do much for your argument though.

13. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Jager!
    Stop using the nonsense about us supporting swanc.It's simply a safety net you keep using to pretend you are in control of this thread.Nothing could be further from the truth.You are being mullered constantly.This article is more about watching you chase your tale like a confused labrador.Take the blinkers off.You never know,you might find proof about your as yet unsubstantiated16,000 quote.

14. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Lukey Boy

When a CVA is complete you are not liable for the debt, because its been discharged, the admin he talked about was superseded by the CVA, so in effect the club was not in admin otherwise it would have liquidated the whole club, and we would have started with something like swansea city 2003 ltd, like bates did with leeds!

And lets face facts here, what was done was because there was no other options, and at least 75% of creditors agreed the schedule, and have a little read here

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/business_solutions/company_voluntary_arrangement.php

its full of big words, so here is a link for those having trouble reading the website, hope it help ;)

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Dictionary.htm

15. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Thank you for your continued support, there is no safety net required whatever that means in your limited world and on the net ;)

And I am still waiting for facts from you guys, not one shred of evidence, and I know how much you like FACTS ;)

16. bluebird1927

bluebird1927 Member

Thats right, creditiors had no other options, it was a case of take this reduced sum or get nothing, A rip off in anyones book. Just because its legal does'nt make it right.

17. snlk/poksnbn

Jager!
    Listen I'm trying to do you a favour here.You are on a Cardiff City board where the original subject matter has long since faded.The tread now is you against the Cardiff City fans where you are consistantly upstaged.I used the dog analogy earlier because when we all take turns throwing a stick you inevitably chase it,you just can't help yourself.Ask yourself why none of the swansea big posters have come to support your cause?

18. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

But the owners of the club had no option either, well full admin where nobody would get anything was another I suppose, and as the companies legally wrote off the debt to the tax man, they cannot be paid now even if it was legal

19. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Who cares where the thread is, its about my club, you stop replying and supporting the swans and I will stop ;0

20. snlk/poksnbn

Jager!

1.The thread is and has been for some time about you.

2.Why do you keep using other posters words as quotes in your own posts?

3.Why should any Bluebird stop replying,it's on a CARDIFF CITY board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.