1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Diony

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

What do you think of this,a bit concerning i say.

9D73F602-87A3-41D8-8DB8-C9113AAB058C.png what do you make of this then

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
  2. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Looks like we've found a new player to slate at every opportunity, but honestly it blows my mind how some fans write him off after 1/2 sub appearances, he hasn't even played a whole 90 minutes for god sake.

3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I'd check that translation RR, as I understand French it's translating as - Red Robin doesn't know what the F**k he's talking about

4. Red Robin

I don't know what it means in French,but i copied it from the Facebook page,it was initially put up on instagram apparantly.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  5. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Tom - the guy may turn out to be everything Lee Johnson would like and expect him to be, but that's not really the point is it?

The point is there were around 18 games left of the season when you took him and then that's it - season over. He's been with you for 3 games now (I think) and hasn't played a lot so you are told "he needs time to adjust" - but how much time?

That doesn't mean he's a bad player - just maybe someone in the "now" category would have been a wiser option at this time of the season. When you're in the top 6 with all to play for, maybe it's better to make a more pragmatic decision than one you hope may come off.

Getting Madine was a different decision altogether. He is definitely limited in what he can do and the "skills factor" may be lacking but at least Warnock knew what he was buying. Maybe paid too much but when you're in the top 6 it's decision time and both clubs have thrown the dice now.

6. Red Robin

At present your move was the wiser move for today and the coming weeks,as you say we have 18 cup finals,and up to now we are making a pigs ear of it.
    How long do you wait for a guy to hit form,when our league form is relegation form in 2018.

Watch the rose tinted mob try and salvage this one :emoticon-0125-mmm::emoticon-0125-mmm::emoticon-0125-mmm:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  7. Red Robin

Just translated it myself on google,it is correct:emoticon-0148-yes:

Search Results
    JE SUIS EN PLEIN TROU NOIR DEPUIS TROP LONGTEMPS Edit
    ---------------Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBanglaBasqueBelarusianBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSouthern SothoSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluFrench

I AM IN FULL BLACK HOLE SINCE TOO LONG

8. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Too early to draw a conclusion, though I'm not sure either Diony or Madine would be picked ahead of a fully fit Diedhiou, or on this season's form Bobby Reid...

9. Red Robin

Do you think city made the right choice Nick,with a player that is out of sorts at present. Interested as we need a player that is up and running and scoring.

Grabbon would have been a good move.

10. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

Seeing as he went to Villa, you can bet he's on crazy money for this division - plus, why would he choose us over them?

I don't know if Diony will come good or not, but I think it was a reasonable decision to bring in someone of his pedigree on a loan with an option to buy. It makes it practically a no-lose situation.

I know you've jumped on Sparkey's bandwagon of paying a bit too much for 'proven' quality, but it's too soon to say one decision is better than the other, particularly since Madine so far hasn't exactly been ripping it up either. It may turn out to be a good decision for Cardiff, but I don't think it would've suited us, as I wouldn't often pick Madine ahead of Diedhiou, who I think is a similar but better player.

11. Red Robin

Fammy is the better player,but where i was coming from was we need players on the button now,not when the top six is out of reach.

12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I think LJ has been very wise, he has signed Diony on a loan arrangement with a proviso of a possible permanent signing agreement, no value agreed, just the cost of the loan arranngement and wages, plenty of time for the player to condition himself and for LJ to evaluate him personally.

No fuss, no bother, just good, confident management.

13. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

That's fair enough, but it's difficult to guarantee that. Madine needs to get his arse in gear soon to justify his signing, despite having a good season until now, thus making him seem like something close to a 'sure thing'. Grabban probably would have been a safer choice again, but at this level, Villa are giants who are just now playing up to their name and when the option to join them arose, no-one else likely had a look in.

14. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Actually I think it is a sort of "sale or return scenario" it would be mad to loan him without a deal in place at the end, he suddenly starts scoring every game and his value goes from £x million to £xx million... so then we don't buy and in comes someone else and pays the upped price!

15. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

16. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

So being top 6 at this Christmas is just a rehersal for next season then? You're not going to try to ensure you stay there or even challenge for the autos?

You take someone on who might prove to be right for next season but if he isn't, then no committment to future expense. Sounds like a plan that's either "good confident management" or a serious error of judgment.

Again only time will tell. <ok>

17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No "Sparkey bandwagon" Nick - just an opinion as to the better option in principle.

Doesn't matter who the player is let alone advocating Madine as being the answer for us - it could be anyone who has a playing history at this level rather than an unknown quantity who you hope might produce the goods.

As for Diedhiou being better than Madine you could well be right in the long run, but as for Diony you simply don't know if he can adapt to Championship football in the limited time left this season.

That's the chance being taken by Johnson for the "here and now" scenario - you're in the top 6 on merit, but you need to stay there at least.

18. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Such a weird argument to have. Yes Diony might struggle to adapt to Championship football. Equally, Madine might struggle to adapt to a new club. One presents slightly more risk than the other, but the more risky one has higher potential.

In football you have to play the long game. Just like in business, you might miss out in the first instance but nothing beats long-term planning for giving yourself the best calculated chance over a longer period of time. We both signed a striker yet OS seems intent on trying to make out we've made the worse decision <doh>. It's not as if we were competing for Madine's signature.

19. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Nothing of the sort. I've no idea whether Diony will come good for you. I'm not implying that Diony was a "worse" decision than to buy Madine at all - just the principle of taking on an unknown quantity when you need to push on for promotion.

You only get January to make any necessary changes to your squad to push for the ultimate prize. We chose to take on Madine and you chose Diony. <ok>

20. Red Robin

Big gamble Sparkey a big gamble,We never will have a better chance,We've been out of the equation for the top division for too many years,looks like it ain't going to change this season.Unless a miracle happens and we return to winning ways.