1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Different strokes, different folks

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Warnock said he had the option of Bryson or Ledley for our midfield as the window closed a few weeks back. He really wanted Bryson, went for him and got him in preference to Ledley.

Fast forward 3 weeks and Rowett who let Bryson come to Cardiff has now taken Ledley on as a free agent. Both the same age but different type of midfielders. Bryson more energetic and attack minded whilst Ledley has matured into more of a holding/destroyer in front of the back 4.

The fact that we had Gunnar, Ralls, the energetic Damour (and Halford:emoticon-0138-think) in the squad probably meant that a more pacey creative option was needed and Bryson is certainly that.

Funny thing is we've got Derby at the CCS next week - I wonder if they'll face each other and who will have the greater influence on the game?

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

A lot more to come from Bryson I think. He has already shown he can play box to box and once he settles in with the squad - he played a couple of passes Saturday which others didn't read - he will be invaluable. He has an eye for goal as well.

Ledley's contribution, while useful, is more limited. At best he will be a sub against us as short of match fitness.

You know who my money is on as the better deal. <ok>

3. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Bluey - Bryson is by far the better option for us by a mile as far as I'm concerned. I've been banging on for the past couple of years about getting him from Derby even before we were after Johnny Russell from them.

Whitts was blowing hot and cold even back then and seemed to be slowing up by the week. Another one I'd have loved at the time was Wes Hoolahan from Norwich to do a similar job but he must be getting on a bit now.

It's not that I dislike Ledley apart from the way he left the club, but bringing him back wouldn't have added anything we didn't already have to the midfield apart from some extra depth.

Bryson is different - he will prove to be a huge factor in moving the ball around and getting it forward quickly rather than sideways.

4. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Nooooooooo to Ledley, great while he was here, local lad and all that! Who the hell ever told him he looked good in that beard, looks like something the Taliban might decorate themselves with....looks botton heavy and slow.....would have been on the bench for a long while, and we've a few of those as they sit now. Move on pals! :emoticon-0103-cool:

5. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Bryson wont be in the squad v Derby. Part of loan agreement. Ledley will probably be on their bench.
    In the summer I would have given Gunner a take it or leave it contract. If he didnt sign it I would have sold him and brought in Ledley.
    That didnt happpen so im happy with Bryson.

6. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Forgotten about Bryson not being able to play against them. Also Ledley can't be match fit so my "face off" was always a non starter. <doh>

7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Both are good players. But different in style.

8. Sayer77

Sayer77 Active Member

Sparky is right for me a box to box midfielder is what we wanted, would love to see Bryson and Tomlin in the same team at some point,

DaiJones and BluefromBridgend like this.
  9. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Must admit I'm a happy bunny that we did not sign Leadlegs