1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Diego Maradona

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Forgive me if you disagree with me but I think this obnoxious, cheating, rude and ignorant tub of lard deserves his own thread.

I cannot believe this man is a FIFA ambassador!! (actually, given that it is FIFA, I can).

He has the finesse of a warthog and the poise of a rhino. He is a graceless, charmless and a thoroughly dislike-able and reprehensible reprobate.

Apart from a brief phase when he played some tidy football - together with underhand and dirty football - he has done very little to hold him up as some sort of role model. Argentina ought to be ashamed of him and not revere him as they do.

I feel certain his 'apology' for claiming that the poor cheating Columbians were robbed by England was as a result of gentle pressure from on high rather than any sincere apology from him.

You'll never read this Diego but I would just like to put on the record what a vile and slimy creature you are. I wish you would crawl back to whatever hole you live in and stop annoying people at the World Cup - especially me!

Rant over.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

My son asked me the other day, "who's the best player you have ever seen?"
    Pele was before my time so my answer was without any doubt, Maradona. A superb talent. Despite the famous 'hand of God' he still remains the best that I have ever witnessed . As for character or what he's like as a person....I don't really care, might do if he had been English though. He is in the process filming a docu/film based on his life, so expect a few more acts/statements of stupidity to draw attention to himself.

NorwayRanger and sb_73 like this.
  3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I’ll be accused of being a snowflake but the ‘dago’ epithet is both unnecessary and curiously dated, and detracts from the point you are making. What equivalent word would you have used if he were black?

Maradona is fairly obviously unstable and has been for years, shouldn’t be an ambassador for anything. There are plenty of Argentinians who are hugely embarrassed by him, quite rightly.

He also spent a large part of his career being kicked, existed on painkillers for years and was the best player (though far from my favourite) I have ever seen in the flesh.

Anyway that all kicked off last week, keep up.

4. Rangers Til I Die

Did consider the epithet but decided to run with it on this occasion. I am not immensely prone to insulting folk so I guess a marker of the disregard I hold.

As to keeping up, I was in Austria last week and not on here a lot. (Marvelous place for a holiday, by the way, if you like walking, climbing, cycling etc.)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    Uber_Hoop likes this.
  5. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

He was ok. as a player - had a low centre of gravity a bit like a forerunner of Troy Deeney ! Not as good of course. Having said that he was a good player I could not compare him to eg. Johann Cruyff (who was the best I have seen). The best thing that Maradona ever did was to be an admirer of Che Guevarra.

6. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Cruyff is my all time greatest footballing hero, a genius who changed the game. But all through his career he was surrounded by players who were nearly as good as him, and when he wasn’t - like for some of his time at Barca - he didn’t win much. Maradona carried his national team to a World Cup and Napoli to two Italian titles when Serie A was the toughest in the world by some distance - Milan, Inter, Juve, Sampdoria all had great teams in those years.

7. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Well, this Rhino does not appreciate the comparison. I have great finesse and poise, being a 1 ton 4 legged omnivore covered in amour it is generally accepted that getting me off my feet is a bit of a pig. Not to mention what I can do with my highly prised horn when miffed.

Coupled with the fact I have an uncontrollable rage, a want to constantly defecate on the spot where I'm standing and a complete inability to reproduce without a university student giving me fairy handjob, I maintain I would make a far superior ambassador and coke head.

Diego who?

BobbyD, kiwiqpr and Rangers Til I Die like this.
  8. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

What is there to admire about Che Guevara (with one R) other than his image makes a good t-shirt? From all accounts he was a complete ****.

9. colognehornet

Not from all accounts Uber - however, this is not the politics thread. Without him and Fidel Cuba would have remained an off shore American Brothel. I agree though that the historical jury is divided on him.

10. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Get off the fence.

11. Uber_Hoop

My apologies: all sane accounts.

Deleted....... and kiwiqpr like this.
  12. colognehornet

As a footballer Maradona probably belonged to the World's best, but really great footballers wouldn't have done what he did against England - Pele, Eusebio or Cruyff would all rather have died than do a thing like that. As a person he was a pretty unstable character. But, he is known for having political affiliations which are not exactly the same as my own but which come close. Cuba can only be judged by Cuban standards and not those prevalent in Western Europe. The Batista regime, which preceded the revolution, was a corrupt dictatorship backed up by the USA. and the Mafia. It saw a massive deterioration of living standards of the poorest and was upheld by widescale violence, torture chambers and public executions (20,000 of them). I do not condome the shooting of prisoners (as happened with Che Guevara) because I do not think that the end justified the means - but the Cuba which emerged after the revolution was a marked improvement on what had preceded it. It raised living standards, made health and education open to all, and Che was instrumental in that.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  13. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've amended the title due to very unnecessary racial overtones...….

Would have thought better of you RTID...….

BTW Maradona does come across as an unpleasant person but boy what a footballer he was...…..

NorwayRanger, Shawswood and sb_73 like this.
  14. Uber_Hoop

A2BA38DD-C8E6-4A2C-924F-0DA4FF9476CD.jpeg

Didley Squat, kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.
  15. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Gringo.......

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  16. Rangers Til I Die

I am suitably chastised and repentant.

Never been moderated before!

I will spend some time on the mental naughty step writing out some virtual lines.

'I must not call Diego bad names.
    I must not call Diego bad names.
    I must not call Diego bad names'. Etc.

17. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

The name Diego apparently is the Spanish equivelant of James, so Diego Bond or Diego Cagney anyone?

18. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

So if Diego is James then Dago must be Jim

Uber_Hoop, kiwiqpr and Shawswood like this.
  19. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Great player bad person

20. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Maradona was an average player who had to cheat ( hand of god ) to achieve the desired winning results.
    Add to that, the rotundness one can be considered an ignorant, arrogant, loudmouth with a head like a smacked A-hole and your picture of him is complete.

please log in to view this image

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.