1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Did you pitch invade ?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SFCbwSFC, May 7, 2011.

1. SFCbwSFC

SFCbwSFC Member

Just have to congratulate everyone on a great day, with a terrific atmosphere. What a difference a full house can make, the stadium was rocking at times. Great to hear lots of noise from the chapel, I think its just because the Chapel is never full so you rarely hear any noise from it but today it was in good voice. Did anyone see the group of men in dinner suits, they really created a lot of the atmosphere in the Chapel / Itchen corner, like the Elvis in the Carlisle end at JPT final. Anyway i was just wondering if you guys pitch invaded? I did. I saw many comments before hand saying that they wanted the lap of honour and didn't want everyone running on. So were you guys angry at the pitch invasion. I waited in my seat and when I release there was a mass invasion I joined in with the celebrations on the pitch, however I would liked to have seen the players do their lap of honour and not have to go up into the stands. But overall a great day <ok>:1980_boogie_down:

2. RickieLambertsGoldenBoot

RickieLambertsGoldenBoot Well-Known Member

After everyone else went down, went shortly after <cheers>

3. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

after everyone else did

4. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Yep ...GUILTY AS SIN!

I was on the pitch celebrating!!!! Bloody loved every min of it!

5. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nope, I stayed in the stand taking some pictures and then left for the pub and annual end of season dinner.

Would have much preferred the invasion not to have taken place, so that I could have seen the players lift the tophy and do a lap of honour, but oh well.

6. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Went on the pitch. Loved it. Great atmosphere there and there was alot of people around me (don't want to stereotype but they were mainly old people) moaning about it, fans only want to celebrate with the team on promotion is that not ok?

7. JWP is the goal king

JWP is the goal king Active Member

Pitch invading is fun.

8. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Did you not notice Elvis was in the building, saw him walking along the front of the Kingsland, thank you very much. Donald and Daisy Duck were outside the Itchen at one stage, see the Gallery on the Daily Echo web site, and many more. Goodness knows who is going to turn up tomorrow.

9. KingslandKate

KingslandKate Member

Me too st_brendy. I thought I'll stay where I am, do the right thing so I get to see the players come out with their families, etc and do the rounds. So I stayed where I was in the Kingsland only to hear the cheers when the players came out in the Itchen stand. So all those who did the pitch invasion (against the clubs wishes) got a front row seat to see the players lifting the trophy and I was being good and saw naff all.

Next year I'm going to get the BIGGEST elbow pads I can and get right to the front. Hmmpphh.

10. SFCbwSFC

SFCbwSFC Member

I ran on and found myself straight in front on the players, I had a great view. Atmosphere on the pitch was amazing too

11. saintadam1981

saintadam1981 Active Member

I stayed in the stand and i thought the same as you! bloody typical that the people who went against the clubs wishes basically got a good deal,all the people who actually respected the clubs wishes didn't get to see what they deserved to see.Oh and someone said most of the people who stayed in the stand were old,well i'm 29 so there goes that theory! And before anyone calls me a party pooper and boring,i'm not,i just respected the clubs wishes!

12. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

If I was there. I would of stayed in the stand too. And I'm 23. Just got some respect for the club and a bit of manners.

It's like taking beer glasses from pubs when they have notices saying "please don't take the glasses home".

13. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Blah blah blah not allowed on the pitch against the clubs wishes yadda yadda who gives a ****. If the club really cared they'd have done a much better job of controlling it, last season against MK Dons in the JPT they made frequent announcements all through the game and put out ****loads of police to make sure nobody did it. If they really cared they'd have done something similar, not a couple of stewards there in case someone gets hurt.
    As for the lap of honour, if they wanted to do it they could have done a stadium announcement and the pitch would be clear within minutes.

14. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

People will have a chance today to see the players and celebrate again in a slightly calmer atmosphere :) I bet the players really feel like playing again today!

15. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

I would have preferred the lap of honour, but I have to the invasion wasn't just a few idiots, it was a large chunk of the fans. I wonder whether today was organised as the club realised that the invasion was bound to happen. So pleased that Walsall stayed up as I was right next to them. We have been there and I think that the feeling of relief staying up is more intense that the joy of going up. Great to see their players get up through our stands to say thanks to their own fans.
    I was a bit worried though at the final whistle when I saw Kelvin disappear under about 20 of our fans!

16. saintadam1981

saintadam1981 Active Member

I give a **** thanks! As for controlling it,what chance have a few stewards got against all them fans? Just think it would of been nicer to see the players with their families on the pitch and everyone getting a chance to see the players and adkins up close for them to show their appreciation,also would of been nice to see them lift the trophy on the middle of the pitch but hey ho you got what you wanted so that's all that matters,welldone.

17. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah cause a pitch invasion and constant applause and chanting doesn't show appreciation to thank them for what they've done, does it?
    A few stewards DON'T have a chance, which is why against MK Dons they had MORE THAN a few stewards to stop it from happening. Nobody would have dared try if there was a line of coppers with the stewards as there was at the away end.
    Stop getting your panties in a twist because you didn't get to sit and put your hands together, everyone who went on the pitch reveled in the atmosphere so stop crying because you didn't get to see the players go for a stroll. I'm sure they will today, so if you care that much go watch that.

18. SAINTDON13

Saw the Norwich footage and there was no pitch invasion there as far as I can see, it is not compulsory.

19. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Southampton do have their fair share of brainless supporters though :p

20. SAINTDON13

There were announcements, but sadly in our part of the Kingsland it is impossible to make out what they are, the accoustics and speaker system is rubbish. I suspect the Club knew what was going to happen but still had to make an effort to prevent it or risk the wrath of the Football League, which may still come I am thinking, but this has been so long coming and that the emotions overtook intelligence, I too would have preferred the lap of honour first and the encroachment after it was completed. Lets see better behaviour and respect today, if have the urge to run on the pitch, please stay away and let the rest of us enjoy the day.