1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Did avb bottle it last night?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by HammersmithBlue, Dec 7, 2011.

1. HammersmithBlue

After the smokescreen/largesse that he will never change his attacking philosophy... Did avb backtrack or was it tactical genius.

I also worry that the 'slap' in the face comment to his critics was worrying: it reveals weakness and a man cracking under pressure.

2. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

I thought it showed that he can set the team up to get the required result...Sturridge and Mata were superb in their defensive duties as well as on the break.

Muchos millions up in smoke on the result of one game that could go wrong for Romans desire to see attacking football doesn't make sense to anyone.

3. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

No, I thought our chap showed a bit of tactical nous last night. We had to win or draw 0-0 to proceed, playing how we have been was too risky and a clean sheet was unlikely against a team who had won their last 6 out of 7. Last nights performance leaned towards the containment and play on the break which worked surprisingly well.

4. HammersmithBlue

Fair enough.

What was it that Gary N actually said to enrage AVB so much?

5. - SW6 -

- SW6 - Well-Known Member

It was against Arsenal I think...He basically said that David Luiz played like he was being controlled by a ten year old playing a playstation<laugh>

6. HammersmithBlue

He said something else last night too

7. Plastique Bertrand

Plastique Bertrand Well-Known Member

I, for one, will be looking forward to more of that behaviour from ABV in interviews. Very funny

8. gefinley

gefinley Member

I prefer to see it as passion and a sense of responsibility. Any attack on the team is an attack on him, and therefore he'll defend both. I prefer coaches and players in all sports who don't stick to the cliches when doing interviews and let some emotion show. It proves they're people too.

9. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

You simply can not play the same tactic against every team. Back track he may have done, but some naivety has been shed. I feel AVB has realised that Chelsea winning may mean he'll lose his job. Boring boring Chelsea. He knows now that if he tries to appease the owner's nonsense demands on playing style he'll end up trashing his own reputation. Better to be sacked after winning a boring double than for finishing 9th in the league.

10. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Without a doubt he played for 3 points, and parked his revolution for the time being. I'm half inclined to think he'll do the same next Monday! Then its back to the revolution! Whats important is the last 2 results have been a great morale boost to the team(Lamps excepted) and we should hopefully start seeing a charge forward. Whatever happens we have to put the Spuds behind us!

11. HammersmithBlue

Agreed. Let's get through City/Spuds games by whatever means necessary! Esp Spuds

12. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

the guy has gone down in my estimations with his latest misguided rant at the written media. chelsea have finished 1st and 2nd in the last 2 seasons yet this season they've been hovering around 5th or 4th throughout the season, surely you'd expect better from a manager who cost £13.2m, by far and away the biggest fee ever for a manager?

he lacks class, it was a bit like the benitez rant against ferguson a few seasons back, he's very defensive and prickly towards criticism, if he isnt prepared to take stick when his team lose against teams like genk and QPR when he's managing chelsea then maybe he's suited to a smaller club which is out of the spotlight..

13. HammersmithBlue

Completely agree; his rant against press was foolish. He is too defensive and needs to learn to be more serene like SAF

14. Robby202

Being a full time ****, Gary ratboy Neville is likely to test the patience of job so AVB did quite well there.

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

To be fair maybe I missed something, but I though Neville was actually very complementary of Chelsea, Luiz, AVB and everything we did last night.

As for AVB, I think he realises now that with the players we have and the strength of the P.L, you can't play the way he did with Porto every week. I expect the same team on Monday and the same tactics (maybe with the exception of Lampard in for Meireles).

16. Robby202

I don't know Slur Alex Ferguson is one of the most classless ****s ever to draw breath and has a long history of ****ing people off when it suits him so if it's ok for him AVB has no worries.

17. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

i was actually comparing him to people with class like his predecessor ancelotti, for example, never mind, twist my words to suit youself..

again, you cant deny that AVB lacks class and he has to accept that criticism is part and parcel of managing a top club, especially when the club is doing worse than it has done in the previous 2 seasons, despite the club spending vast amounts of money.

as i said previously, if the team is playing crap then it will attract criticism, to talk of media persecution is laughable, maybe he doesnt really understand the long words he likes using to paint a picture of being highly intelligent <laugh>

18. Robby202

Lack of class? nah maybe a lack of patience and a man of doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Ps. does he know you :)

19. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

i'm only going on how he is in interviews and press conferences, his delusions of media persecution and his complete inability to understand that crap performances deserve criticism..

20. HammersmithBlue

Why is it all Northeners are obsessed with class?