1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dick Advocaat resigns as Sunderland manager?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Rightsideoverhere, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Rightsideoverhere

Rightsideoverhere Well-Known Member

Np/ gravel voiced ginger whinger as favourites?

If NP gets it wonder if Sunderland gain another supporter and Leicester lose one?

Personally I think big Sam will get it but good luck to NP if he gets it apart from when we play them.

BuzzardFoxMick likes this.
  2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Doubt he will take it tbh.

If they were looking to go down this season and rebuild, hes the perfect guy for the job and have them coming back stronger in 1 or 2 seasons.

If they were looking to scrape through staying up again, i dont believe that he will be able to change their fortunes around quick enough.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Nigel wont want half their team so as a short term fix he isnt the best option

Long term he would sort them out but its a case of keeping them up this year would be the problem

4. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Couldn't give a monkeys where he goes to be honest though best of luck to him wherever it may be

5. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

I agree with you, Proud and Wiz - if they go down and want (let's face it, need) a complete rebuild, then Nigel's the man. If they want to try and scrape survival then there is an obvious better candidate available. They are typical of a team having an owner who cares more about making money than he does about the football, so I reckon they are doomed.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Liverpool have sacked Brenda ... so two Prem jobs up for grabs ... can't see Nigel being appointed as manager at either tbf ... in the first instance for the reasons already mentioned ... if Nigel plays to his strengths he will wait for an opportunity at a Championship club with potential..
    - a Leeds or Wolves or Sheff Wed ... but he will also need a good support network and scouting team .. and I personally don't think any at LCFC will be rushing to join him at this point in time...

7. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Fantastisch Herr Fuchs Well-Known Member

Two sackings in a day! The Liverpool one on particular came out of nothing, I know Rodgers has been under pressure, but still!

8. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

Dunno about Walshy but I'm totally convinced CS will be off soon as Nige gets another Job.
    I just get the feeling that in a football sense, Shakey doesn't see eye to eye with Claudio, infact there is no eye contact !

9. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... interesting... haven't picked up on that I'll admit. ...will now pay closer attention...

10. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

Oh I have FF, at first I just thought , well they don't really know each other but even as recent as Norwich I noted at varying intervals various members of the coaching staff alongside CR but Shakey did not move of the bench & at the final whistle he shook CR's hand almost begrudgingly with eye fixed elsewhere & it's not the first time either !

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I noticed initially when he arrived, but have seen him more recently talking tactics with CR during the matches and seems to be contributing more in the technical area.

Not to say he wont be off when Pearson gets a new job though, just depends if their relationship with each other was affected by the way Pearson left.

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We must be the only team with 3 Assistant managers - Paolo Benetti, Steve Walsh and Craig Shakespeare.

Bennetti who joined with CR and Walsh is friends with CR and apparently was one of the driving forces behind his appointment.

Can see Shakespeare being the odd man out and is really good mates with NP so can see him joining NP if he gets a new job and calls for him.

BTW During the Norwich game, our fans chanted for CR to give them a wave but he didn't realise until Craig Shakepeare went up and told him and they shared a laugh when a "Shakepeare give us a wave" chant happened as well so make what you will of that.