1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Di Maria - Will he be a big loss?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Christiansmith, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Don't bother Bod. It just aint worth it.

2. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

The price is exactly why he wont be sold.

Anyone, in any business who makes a 20million loss is not going to be in that position much longer. Its that simple.

Please do show where lvg said he can go. Of course you cant as it never happened nor will it. He did however say he is joining up on the 25th and that he is counting on him.

Those are the facts, everything else is irrelevant opinion.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

This is from the same reporter who broke the story when Di Maria was joining us last year...

I quite like the the last bit about us expecting a signing :)

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

Safe bet he'll become our best player the second the transfer is confirmed!

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well yes, after all we already have to fill the gaping void Falcao left.

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

If this happens I can't see us in the top 6 :(

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You think that's bad, if we dont replace the goals by RvP from last season we may not make top 10 <wah>

Diego likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Going off last season's performances, no he won't be a big loss. Barring the first dozen games, he was pretty poor. Actually the second half of the season he was ****e, devoid of ideas and confidence, which obviously go hand in hand. As for a club taking a loss on a player, it's happened before and it will happen again.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Don't sit on the fence <laugh>

10. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

If he had performed at his potential, he would indeed be a loss. Somehow I doubt whther he will rediscover his form for United. But if he does prove the doubters wrong that would be fantastic.

The thing that SAF got absolutely right was his view that it is better to add when the team is winning. The newcomer finds it much easier to integrate.

As to the loss of several millions, it is only peanuts to the GGs. Honestly they have no hope in hell to get anywhere near the £60m. They would take 40m-45m and that's not a bad loss to take for United.

11. UnitedinRed

Only United fans would write of a player after 6 poor months. Absolutely brilliant. Even the most mental Chavs or Scousers aren't that bad.

12. UnitedinRed

So business men in the business of making money and renowned for their tight control and revenue building.... Would quite happily throw away £20million?

What do you base this on? Because its not reality or sense. The only way Di Maria goes is with an offer above what we paid or with someone in exchange + cash.

Theres also the small matter of PSG being usable to afford him. Theres a myth that FFP has gone and PSG/City can spend what they want. They cant and have to break even this summer. Hence PSG and their PR machine calling United greedy and bullies.

Ligue 1 is in freefall, it makes no money and players of any quality want out. Theres mo spendable money within the league and the richest club, can't afford to cough up either.

But there is zero chance the Glazers are losing 20million on anything

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's based on the fact the 'rumours' are very strong. Same sources that were saying we'd sign both Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin.

Therefore, they are strong stories that everyone is reporting. It's how it works, the journo's have information from within.

Look, it'll be a shame of he leaves of course as he's a great player when on form but it wouldn't be the first time someone world class didn't settle in. Veron for instance.

If he left, United got good money, and we signed Perdro for instance, would it be such a gig deal? I don't think so. He and his wife clearly have issues living in England now after the robbery.

14. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

This

No one wants a player of the calibre of ADM to leave. I personally wished he would stay. But it is he himself wishing to leave rather the club or manager or fans showing him the door.

But as long as we get someone who could replace him adequately or better (not difficult on last season's form) then it shouldn't be too bad.

Pedro looks like a good player and wouldn't mind having him if ADM leaves.

15. UnitedinRed

Ruff, tye reports are coming from Le Equipe and Le parisan. Two Paris based papers who are linked tp PSG (i believe the qatari family owns Le Equipe).

They are based on nothing excpet psg trying to show they are one of the big boys.

The english press is about a week behind and just rehash stories anyway.

Im not so sure on Pedro though. Hes a bit like depay in that hes a goalscorer rather that a creative type. We may well bring him in on top of Di Maria though. Januzaj out on loan as he needs it.

16. UnitedinRed

The reports are made up.

Le Equipe > daily star > sky italia > daily mail > le parisan > le equip

Thats the story, each one quoting the previous paper as a source until you reach le equipe again.

Its like a classic Marca/Sport story. Starts at Marca and ends up back at Marca claiming the Daily Star as the source.

Silly season.

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We can only wait and see now I suppose. I do rate Pedro mind, I think he'd be an excellent addition. Less of a winger and more of a striker so not really a straight swap, figuratively speaking.

I might do a thread on him actually.

The fact is, I think we're good to go. Never mind any surprises, I think the squad is now sound. De Gea stays and we have Hernandez on board as back up centre forward. We can absolutely get by with the centre halves that we have.

18. Stan

Stan Stalker

OK but you know the rules. I don't want to have to fix it.

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Paris St Germain have reportedly pulled out of the race to sign Angel di Maria.

The French giants were believed to be close to agreeing a £45m deal for the Manchester United winger, with sources claiming he would be unveiled on Friday.

But the Express report that the deal has hit a stumbling block with United haggling over a fee for the Argentine.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

French papers reporting Di Maria deal is done €62-€65m