1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Di Maria - Will he be a big loss?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Christiansmith, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Based on last season, no. That's IF he leaves of course, although rumours are strong.

I would have expected a far better second season though so in that respect maybe.

The fact Is though, we have plenty options in his position of wide attacker. He would have had to oust Mata from the side to start with, Young doesn't deserve to be dropped, Depay will come in, Valencia is an available flat out right winger and the mystery wrapped in an enigma that is Januzaj is still there so should he leave the hole he leaves isn't exactly gaping.

3. Christiansmith

Even better if we could get either Cavani or Zlatan from PSG.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

You serious on Zlatan?

What's getting me going about next season is the clear building of a squad.
    That **** will just upset the whole applecart.

Forget him, he's not our man.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  5. Stan

Stan Stalker

Very embarrassing for LVG if he's sold.

6. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Van Gaal all but confirmed he was staying put. On top of Di Maria statint well over a month ago that he is staying and wants to fight for his place I fail to see how a few reports can be deemed as him leaving.

So far according to the press, hes joined PSG every weekend since May. Hes also joining this weekend. I am going to stick my neck out and say the press are making stuff up.... Again. Shocking, I know.

Last night van Gaal says he is counting on him and he will join up with the squad, in the US on 25 July. Funnily enough, his first pre season game is likely to be against psg.

Will we miss him though. Yes, without question. For all Youngs good play last season, he created absolutely nothing until very late in the season. Mata is more a goal scorer as is Depay. Januzaj cannot yet be trusted so he remains our most creative player. Hes the sort of player who can misplace every pass, lose every duel and have the worst game ever before he sets up match winner with a ball he had no right making.

Then there is the image side. What sort of image is the club showing the world of we simply dump any player who doesnt tear up trees in their first season? Thats a very bad road to go down and will start to put players off joining. Weve actually made out team more accommodating to someone like Di Maria as he thrived playing with two holding mids at Madrid.

Based on van Gaals comments and Di Marias, he will be here next season. He will need to step it up though.

7. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Hence why he wont be sold. Have you seen some of the fees mentioned? The newest one is the lowest yet. 40million and it will be done by.... This weekend <laugh>

So far the press have got nothing right in terms of us. Not one single thing. On Sunday the Independent claimed we would not be signing Schneiderlin as we had signed Schweinsteiger.... <laugh> we didnt have any interest in Depay either and Madrid have bought de gea 12 times so far.

8. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Yes especially with the team we are building, huge loss if true

9. Christiansmith

Some people here have no idea of football finance. If ADM leaves, he'll be sold for nowhere near the £59.7m he was bought for. His true value had been inflated by at least 25% when transferred to United. That's the natural order of things. So he is truly worth £48m. We should be expecting that sort of money.

There is no point keeping him if he does not want to stay. He has been affected by off pitch trouble. LVG is ready to let him go.

Blueman likes this.
  10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

If he leaves for good money it's no loss to you, you have people who can play instead of him and he hasn't been brilliant.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Fixed :bandit:

12. Stan

Stan Stalker

The irony.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Indeed.
    Roman has been a giant cock to alot of Chelsea managers, namely Ranieiri, Grant and Ancelotti.
    Tell me, what did it do for our clubs image? In your eyes?

14. Stan

Stan Stalker

Your club's image has been **** since it made racism a core part of it. Only Modern Chavs like you fail to understand why you were universally despised even before you were successful.

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You must have slept through the 90's! <ok>

16. Stan

Stan Stalker

I know what you mean. A lot of Chavs convinced themselves that Chelsea were everyone's second favourite team because you signed players like Vialli and Gullit who were looking for an easy life at a club that would pay them well and be happy with a cup run. The fact is it was Chav delusion as signing a couple of ageing stars didn't change the truth about Chelsea and their scum fan base.

As it goes, Liverpool fans also convinced themselves that they were the nation's second favourite team. Kevin Keegan insisted that Newcastle were in fact everyone's second favourite team. The team everyone wanted to watch in addition to their own was Manchester United. Not that they were their second favourite team, more that everyone wants to watch United!

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

True.
    United are probably the team I watch most second only to Chelsea, back in the 90's.
    Mostly because they were on every damned week and also they were winning titles and everyone likes to see the best teams in action in top of the table clashes.
    I am just wondering where our "scum fan base" disappeared to for a decade and a half. Only to resurface once we became successful.
    I would put it to you that the "scum fan base" in question are not actual Chelsea fans, but a bunch of ****tards jumping on a bandwagon now we are bringing home silverware.
    Its like me claiming all United fans must be gay and Welsh, because I saw some videos of a gay welsh United fan talking bollocks.

Plaid Cymru!

Blueman likes this.
  18. Stan

Stan Stalker

The scum fan base have always been there. They make up some of the 20,000 who turned out to watch Chelsea when they weren't very good as recently as the mid 90's (when apparently you were universally loved). They may be scum but to their credit they are committed.

19. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

<laugh>

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Oh I see, they just behaved themselves for 20 years, then decided to become arseholes again in 2015. Got ya!