1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Devastating News

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Mono, Aug 6, 2020.

1. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

Stinker Taff

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  2. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

....if the manufacturers logo is irrelevant, why even have it on there at all ?
    I'm sure all the Audi,BMW and Mercedes drivers hate having those logo's on their cars - maybe they would prefer Dacia or Lada ?

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  3. swanee

swanee Well-Known Member

What`s wrong with Dacia !!!

4. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Possibly nothing - I've never sat in one....... but maybe those who want to portray an image of success wouldn't choose a Dacia as their main vehicle ?

I've never owned an Audi or BWM etc and would never pay those prices for a badge.

However whether the Swans kit is Joma or Adidas or Nike - the kit is the same price.

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

For me ultimately I support the badge on the left breast not really bothered about the right one :emoticon-0148-yes:

6. TheRealBubbles

Like comparing apples n pears Stereo. Polyester shirts are polyester shirts whether they’ve got Adidas or Joma on the front. The point being made is if the material is the same?, why should the logo matter. Which is hard to disagree with. Mercs n beemers are premium brands n not just because of the badge but due to the design and their fabric include build quality. So you’re trying to compare apples n pears.

7. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that Matt, I don't support any brand either - but some brands are more prestigious than others, which I'm sure you will agree with.

8. TheRealBubbles

Bob on Matthew. I still won’t buy that Joma **** mind

9. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I disagree slightly there. I've been in some BMW's and to be honest I've sat in some Citroens that wipe the floor with them - better interiors, more functions etc for several grand less, but the BMW badge comes with an added cost - ask any car dealer.

How many people have an iPhone simply because it's an iPhone ? There are phones out there with better specs and much cheaper - but it's not an Apple. Brand is sooooo much.

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  10. TheRealBubbles

And it’s hard to disagree with your point too Stereo.

11. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Well disagreeing with me isn't mandatory.

TheRealBubbles and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  12. TheRealBubbles

That, I’ve proved pal.

13. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Do you have a link to that ? :emoticon-0136-giggl

14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

I do agree of course they are but is that based on perception of good quality guaranteed ,We all have fair idea how much these kits really cost and where their made where perhaps wages and working conditions are probably not the best. A good example regarding BMW , I have an old E30 for which I bought two door frame seals to keep the car interior dry (she’s 30 year old now ), I purchased these for £500 because I thought original equipment should be the best to buy so I bit the bullet and bought them when I could have bought cheap copies for a fraction of the price, They took an age to arrive and when they did lo and behold they were made in China not quite what I was expecting ,they fit and seem to be doing the job but because they came in an official BMW packaging I was surprised as to where they were made.So a prestigious name isn’t a guarantee of value for money imo

daimungeezer and swantastic like this.
  15. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

BMW cars are crap driven by idiots (waiting for the incoming, I know who you are) get some indicators. The human race is very materialistic, we all have our own tastes and some tastes come with a higher price tag. I’m with @TheRealBubbles i won’t buy Joma, I do like Under Armour, but would love a Hummel kit.

daimungeezer and Stereo like this.
  16. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Of course - in many instances you're just paying for the name - and that name doesn't always guarantee better quality. The Swans shirt is a prime example - I'm sure the Joma stuff is as equally well made as Adidas, it's just that Adidas is a much more prestigious name - but without added cost in this case. If the club signed a deal with Adidas and the tops were £60 instead of £45 I'm sure most people would be well pissed off with that as well. It's solely about how it looks as price is not a factor.
    There's just as many examples of where a particular brand is worth the extra though - Heinz Ketchup is one. When I'm working away and go for a pub lunch - I ask if their ketchup is Heinz before I order. If it's not then I'll order something that doesn't need ketchup. Can't compromise on Heinz ketchup haha. If they are skimping on the ketchup, what else are they skimping on ?

Obviously it's each to their own with the kits. For me - I loved the Adidas kits we've had. I loved the light blue/dark blue Adidas kit we had in 1981 when we won promotion to the old Division One. It's not brand snobbery or anything - I just think the 3 stripes look awesome on football kits - nothing comes close. Not Nike, not Puma, not Umbro. I'm not saying they don't make nice looking kits, just not as good looking as Adidas.

I may seem a little intense over this subject, but to be honest I've been shielding since March and I've had enough thinking about Cancer, Covid, Pedophiles and explosions. It's just something else to talk about and it happens to be a subject I feel strongly about.

17. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I agree with you on the Hummel kits. I wasn't much up for it when it was mentioned on here a few months back, but having seen some of their kits recently - Middlesboro amongst a few others - they've looked really good. A Decent logo as well with symmetry and a tidy font. I'd be happy to see a Hummel deal. I think I saw a Swans Hummel concept kit online recently.....

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  18. neveroffsidereff

Think it’s Huw Cooze on Facebook gets a load of concept and a modern take on the kits of the last. He did have a lovely Hummel kit done recently but sold out very quickly.

19. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Here goes - I'd have no complaints with these :
    upload_2020-8-6_21-28-0.png

20. neveroffsidereff

That’s the one, love the white one.