1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Derby vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Apr 21, 2019.

1. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Ok we are safe & in the championship again but let’s not get excited it’s been one disappointing season & I for one was disgusted of what’s gone on on & off the field & thank Christ it’s almost over, have renewed season ticket for next year & hope it turns out better, and now I can’t wait for my holiday trips booked.

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

3. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

I bet we’ve conceded the most goals in the league after 85 mins have passed too. Both stats for this and the number of penalties conceded reflect the lack of discipline.

I haven’t renewed my season ticket and am still kidding myself that I’m so upset and generally pi55ed off that I’ll not renew. Of course, this is merely self denial of the hoops addiction and I’ll no doubt shell out again in the next day or two.

4. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

What a dogshite season that was!
    We all live with ‘hope’ but I have no expectation for next season, but I do have expectations of the higher echelons of the club to work like buggery to move in a positive direction this summer.
    We really need to sort out that defence though - build on solid foundations.

5. stick

stick Bumper King

I thought that apart from the obvious Leeds and Swansea games that was one of our better performances in the second half of the season. We should have two or three on the break but our final pass was awful and we wasted opportunities.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  6. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Thought we defended really well today, especially considering we had to play with only 1 recognised defender (or 2 if you include Cameron), and countered very well, The finish remains zero.

Sinton made a good point today about how Eustace switched wingers from the last games, moving Freeman wide left to help out Manning defensively, and playing BOS wide right. That worked really well left side where Manning got forward to good effect, especially 1st half, and Freeman and him defended well together. Saw little of BOS though til late on, but it certainly made us look more solid, with Cameron organising things well from the back.

Good subs, though perhaps Eze should have come on earlier, but we did liven up a lot on the counter about 20 minutes into the 2nd half which I guess is why he delayed bringing him on then.

I think Eustace has got a lot right since he took over, and really see no reason not to keep him in place longer, if we can.

kingdom hoop and Tramore Ranger like this.
  7. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Logic would say that we are under huge threat of relegation next season. The squad will see massive changes with our loanees disappearing, out of contract players contracts not being renewed and assets being sold (not that there are many). The likes of Smyth, Oteh and Chair are going to have the weight of expectation on their shoulders. The next manager appointment is going to be so important in whether we can entice any players to sign for us as well.

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

A 20% win record and you want to give him a contract?

9. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I'd say we were the better side over overall. Derby were poor and deserved nothing. Good performances from all of the back four and Lumley did ok too. Don't really understand the stick he's getting for today.

10. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Yes. Whatever the %, from watching the games I think he's done well with who he's had available. Good tactics for the Millwall, Swansea and today's game, which all worked well other than the finishing. Never a pen today. See absolutely no point in replacing him until the end of the season, when more Managers will be available and the Club can see more of Eustace and whoever is helping him now.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I misread, or misunderstood. To the end of the season, fine, who gives a ****. Long term?

kiwiqpr and bobmid like this.
  12. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Interesting to see where Hemed and Wells go next season, I did expect more from them. BOS needs to spend the entire summer working on his finishing. I think if he improves that part of his game he will be an important part of our team.

GoldhawkRoad and Sudbury Hoop like this.
  13. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Listening on radio and sounded as though we should have scored.

At least we can enjoy last home game with no pressure.

Season over. Safe. God help us next season unless something amazing happens over the summer!

14. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Smith definitely should have scored or at least hit the bloody target. Next season I would love a manager who doesnt instruct his team to time waste from the kick off. That will be a minor progression at least!

15. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Hate to say it but Brentford just showed how Id like my team to play........don't always play the safe ball, dummy a pass now and again, show your ability.....play with pace and passion! Maybe the youngsters will next season but we have too many safe players since Eze went off the boil.

16. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

First half was pretty even and I thought we competed well. Was light years better than last Friday

Second half derby came out stronger and we instantly responded by wasting time and holding up play. Was frustrating to watch

Good support today and plenty of OBZ banter with the Derby fans

Was never a pen but karma for the negative approach we showed second half

The second goal was thoroughly undeserved but by then the players heads had dropped

My lad was completely demoralized but then he didn't have to endure last Friday

So my Easter break in numbers -

2 games
    4 goals conceded
    1 goal scored
    1 godawful pie
    1 amazing scotch egg

If Eustace is the answer then we are asking the wrong questions

At least we scraped survival through Rotherham's slightly worse form but i can see next season being really hard work

rangercol, bobmid and GoldhawkRoad like this.
  17. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

We have plenty to work with next season, we just need someone who knows how to get it working !!

18. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

What i have seen last few months it can only be better. We have too many players whose personal skill level insufficient to the championship level. Hemed and Wells are easily replaced if they play like they have played since
    january. Freeman have lose the form he had earlier and Eze too and they are those few skillful players we have. Players like lynch, bidwell, manning, hall, lumley and many more are players who arent up to this level.
    Thats why im bit nervous about next season.

19. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I quite liked him when he took over from the God awful Ingram.
    But I really don't think he's good enough .
    Poor distribution and really panicks at times.
    That 2nd goal belonged in the circus, first with the wild swipe at the ball and then managing to dive over a soft shot.

I'm sure we'll have him next season and he's a young player so I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree Wells seems to be off form and looked a bit slow at times.
    I think we can all agree that the team is below average and there is not much quality. I really do fear for us next season. This is when we need someone like Hollow who will get every last breath out of players. I hope this FFP crap doesn't last long as we need to fresh faces.