1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Derby v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Feb 7, 2022.

?

City win?

1. City win

2. Draw

3. Derby delight

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

The other side of his game?? Again you’re been ridiculous so what if it was a different era
    You can’t pick and choose
    If Rooney kicked some player so what
    He took plenty of licks off centre half’s on his time
    If you personally don’t like Rooney or Terry ok but try and link it to how they played it just doesn’t wash

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  2. springtiger

springtiger Well-Known Member

Ok I listed why I didn’t like him , or any player who does those things which you seem to accept in the modern game from some I played against hard players and with them there is a difference between nasty or spiteful and hard- in my opinion and experience . City to win 2-0

Gone For A Walk likes this.
  3. Chazz Rheinhold

You’re clearly extremely naive if you don’t think any of the players named didn’t do any sly things

4. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

The slyest and most disliked by other players at the time, far more than Hunter, Harris, Smith etc was Johnny Giles.

5. Jackthecap

Jackthecap Well-Known Member

It looks to me as if Arveladze hasn't had much of a role in the recruitment process at all even though Kesler has been around overseeing matters before the takevover was complete. He's dropped Longman at Derby and despite Slater's effective sub appearance v Swansea, was left our v PNE and then disappeared from the bench at Derby. Can we take this to mean he doesn't want them?

Leaving Eaves out is a clear statement about the way that he wants to play. Shocking to drop the lad after his recent pereformances which have been nothing short of outstanding.Smallwood had a poor game against PNE but sacrificing him means sacrificing the role he plays. Walsh was awful.It may well be right about Forss having to play at Brentford's insistence but he's had no impact. It's a huge worry because there are clear indicators that everyone isn't singing from the same hymn sheet here. Arveladze doesn't look a happy bunny and it's not just back to back defeats for me that's worrying him.

SydneyTiger14 likes this.
  6. M88 EVN

M88 EVN Well-Known Member

I might be overthinking things but I'm not sure Slater's dad helped his cause. He wrote a tweet after the PNE game about the manager and being judged on his ability to change a game through his substitutions (which he has since deleted) and then Regan wasn't involved the following game. I replied at the time that those sorts of tweets won't help his son which he 'liked' and then deleted his tweet. I feel his dad has too much to say for himself and it causes Regan problems.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

You’re over thinking things

8. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone who needs to shut up and go away (in the words of Gavin Williamson, oooeeerr Betty).

TwoWrights likes this.
  9. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Fwiw, I get where you are coming from Springtiger, and it really isn't difficult to get.
    Rooney, like Keane, was a nasty spiteful twat; quite different from being 'hard men' who played hard but fair and would both take and give it back (sometimes x2). You could even say they were unhinged, something wrong with them to want to go out and deliberately cripple a fellow player. That's not worthy of respect, and I wouldn't want a player like that in City colours, no matter how good they were.
    Players like Ash and even Big Billy and Brabin would take no prisoners, and would take revenge but never went out with such intent to seriously injure someone. That's the difference.

rovertiger and springtiger like this.
  10. Chazz Rheinhold

****jng laughable

11. Gone For A Walk

Class response.
    Tell me why.

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Go on you tube and type ian ashbee elbow

I can’t even believe I’m bothering with this ****
    Every team had players who would take retribution who kick and niggle and slyly elbow knee punch you name it
    To think differently is ridiculous

13. Gone For A Walk

I know all about that elbow. I wrote "Players like Ash and even Big Billy and Brabin would take no prisoners, and would take revenge but never went out with such intent to seriously injure someone".
    You are not the only one wondering why you are bothering.

14. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Difference between Keane and Rooney is that they admitted it. Even then, I believe they only described these as exceptional incidents. I think when they had a grudge to settle or they were at a low point mentally (though in that era, they wouldn't have recognised that). I'm sure many ex players from every team would admit to the occasional time when they have wanted to hurt someone, whether it's revenge or red mist.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

That is for the last time a fuxking ridiculous statement.
    Of course they have and of course they did

16. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Do you mean like when Brabin tried to cripple then stamp on Johansonn when Brabs returned with Tranmere ? Johansonn wouldn't put his foot or head in where it hurt for his team mates or the club but I've seen Brabin tackle someone with his head when he was laid on the floor.
    He was sent off for the 'tackle on The Faore Island international and I stood and applauded him as he walked slowly down the tunnel at Boothferry Park.
    When he signed for City Gary Brabin was just what this club needed at that time. Joyce filled his team with similar minded players and the season became known as The Great Escape or as many on here often refer to it as The Good Old Days.

17. Gone For A Walk

You are thinking of Julian Johnsson, not 'Johansonn'.
    Again, you are not reading what is written.
    I was there all through the great escape. (Near to) the best and worst of times. In that game, Brabin reacted; he didn't set out before a match with an intent to cripple Johnnson. Brabin, Ash, Whitehurst would let players know they were there and would absolutely give it back. That's totally different to players like Keane and Rooney setting out before a game an intention to deliberately cripple someone.

springtiger likes this.
  18. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

Might be something in that. His dad is very vocal on Twitter and as far as I’m aware, Slater wasn’t injured for Derby. I don’t know if Shota dropped him completely because his dad was being a big of a gobshite on Twitter about the manager’s selections but stranger things have happened. Rangnick’s having to deal with Lingard undermining him on social media and Tuchel dropped Lukaku for his interview so I can understand why managers might want to stamp out this sort of thing by players and those close to them.

19. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

I think you are struggling to prove what ever point you are trying to make when you revert to pointing out a slight spelling mistake in a players name who played a few games for us 30 years ago.
    You cannot have been there either when Whitehurst laid out the Portsmouth centre half in front of the South Stand in the first minute before a corner was taken with a lovely left hook ? Never saw a thing guv.

TwoWrights likes this.
  20. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I think it was Alan Hanson in his biography that named Billie as the hardest opposition player he'd played against, which is some achievement, given they never appeared on the same pitch. :emoticon-0102-bigsm