1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Derby F A Cup Replay

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Foxy in Foyle, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Under a new initiative set up by the good people of the PL Board, I come in good will.

Well done.

JohnTheFox likes this.
  2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Some good performances, some indifferent ones. Great strike by Ndidi but Mahrez transformed us tonight ...that's where his future lies, orchestrating play in a floating 10 role ...the weight of pass between 2 Derby players to Ndidi was sublime.

Wonderful individual goal from Gray.

Gray, Mahrez, Ndidi and Amartey should all be starting on Sunday for me. Amartey as one of the centre backs. :)

AstroFox likes this.
  3. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ndidi is going to be some player isn't he.

4. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Him and Gray are both 20 ...indeed the younger lads all played their part last night and the future for the club looks bright... :)

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Some really good performances that deserve to keep in the team. Ok it's relative to who we were playing but it was just so refreshing to see us try and pass the ball. I'd love to see a combination of these players and a few of the others on Sunday in a similar system such as

Schmeichel
    Simpson (so Amartey can play in the middle) Amartey, Benny, Chilwell
    Ndidi, Mendy? (Could be Drinky or King really)
    Albrighton, Mahrez, Gray
    Up for grabs out of Vardy, Slim and Musa

I do think with the improved service last night and on the ground, Vardy would have had a better game

6. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Would love to see us develop talents like these, thought Kapustka showed some creative flair last night and Musas still only 24.

Certainly could use bringing down the average age of the team seeming we've had one of the oldest in recent years.

7. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

The ref was worst performer on the pitch by far last night. Not far behind were King and Slimani. I can't believe we paid £30 million for Slimani. What did we see in him? He has no pace, no idea of how to go past a defender with the ball and gave a more than passing impersonation of Neil the Sofology sloth. If you miss a golden chance like that then you f**king well try and make up for it by putting some effort in and look like you give a t0ss! And this is the guy who some are claiming is our best striker. Wish we had made the same offer for Deeney. At least we would have ended up with someone with the same values as the team and who knows where the net is.

On the plus side there was yet another good performance by Gray. Mahrez looks to be more in the mood and Ndidi is getting better and more confident with every match. Bart started off brightly but faded, as did Mendy. Chilwell and Gray combined well, but Chilwell was slow to get back to his defensive position at times. And Shearer made a good point about Gray not getting nearer the penalty box when the ball is on the opposite flank. Claudio seems to be sticking with the 4-4-2 so I can't see him dropping the captain in the league. Amartey had a good understanding with Albrighton, so would keep him at right back. He was quicker to close his winger down than Simpson has been.

It will be very interesting to see what Claudio picks for Sunday but let's hope the momentum is maintained.

8. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I thought after a shakey start King was quite good

9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

I'd tend to agree ... his goal was also "typical Kingy" ...

10. BucksFox

Thought his passing was pretty dreadful all night ... too many easy balls overhit. He's okay as backup but he is too lightweight to be considered as a credible starter, and doesn't make things happen.

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

He's not alone in that...Albrighton was woeful in the first half but then combined excellently for the first goal ... every team needs good back up and both have been excellent servants for the club.

12. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

I am not King's biggest fan by any means! and if you think that he had a good game last night
    look at the opposition he was up against! Then take another look at him when he his against premiership players.

13. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

..he played well enough against Man City... but he is never going to be first choice that's true ...

... we need to adapt our style because what was successful last season has been successfully countered by the opposition... but the recent performances of Gray and the already very impressive Ndidi should fill us with optimism...albeit cautious ...

The central defence still requires some urgent 'fixing' ... but I suspect we are all looking far more forward to the weekend than we were immediately after the United game...bring it! :)

14. BucksFox

.... on?

I can't agree that playing King is adapting our style. IMO he doesn't improve the side at all. Agree he has been a good servant of the club, but how much is that down to him not actually being chased by other clubs of a similar level or better?

Much more hopeful for Sunday if we can play a striker who knows where the goal is and then play to his strengths. Could be a big ask.

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

I wouldn't be playing Kingy ... but we have to find spots for Ndidi, Gray and Amartey IMHO... all 3 have earned a run.