1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Derby County v Leeds Utd

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 8, 2018.

?

Scoreline: Derby County v Leeds Utd

Poll closed Aug 11, 2018.
  1. 0-0

5.9%
  2. 1-1

5.9%
  3. 2-2 or higher

11.8%
  4. Derby by 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Leeds by 1

47.1%
  6. Derby by 2

11.8%
  7. Leeds by 2

35.3%
  8. Derby by 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Leeds by 3 or more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Agree with the sentiment... you get good pass stats by passing sideways and backwards. If you look to move the ball forward quickly, you likely won’t. The stats from yesterday don’t tell the story either... as they don’t demonstrate the quality of the chances created .

As for Philips i’ve Been a critic... last season I thought he was largely average, the season before he was a disaster... however as I’ve repeated ad nauseum, no- one looked good in our centre midfield.. or largely has for years. Monk played 2 holding midfielders who had no one to pass to, likewise last year, there was insufficient movement in front of them and the set up left them often outnumbered. Now they have options... and we’ll get a better sense of the players capabilities.

Philips has done really well in his role so far. It will help his confidence and we may get to see what all the managers, who kept picking him, saw in training.

I thought bielsa was a big gamble that could go either way... I thought a good coach could improve the team but that we didn’t have enough quality to be contenders, and our lack of investment would be our undoing.

It’s still very early days, we’ve taken two top footballing sides (may have got them at a good time) to the cleaners. I’m fascinated how we handle the route 1 bully boys that were largely our downfall last season.

Irrespective of what lies ahead, the transformation is remarkable, the football is great to watch. It’s fcking great to be a Leeds fan today.

3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh>........sorry:grin:

4. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Thanks Doc

Loads of seats covered with sheets in the away end

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We all see the game differently because we all have different aspects of the game we love and the only thing we will all ever agree on is the winning scoreline. im afraid Phillips and Alioski get a little bit of stick this morning and Barardi got a bit last night but for me the team works well together

6. 1964white

1964white Well-Known Member

Obviously, those who are knocking Phillips are bitter individuals & are probably don't attend our games. Kalvin has been sensational in his new role under Bielsa, he is one of the main reason why we are performing so well. One of the first names on the teamsheet for me

7. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Agree with you 64. Philips has embraced the new managers thinkings and like the rest of the team will only get better with each game. Cooper gets a lot of flak as well, but I've always liked him. <ok>

w.c.dukenfield and ristac like this.
  8. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

my word bitter individuals ........we are not worthy ..we are not worthy...

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

you bring up a good point about the big cloggy sides we will face.

10. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Moving on to the next league game (sorry I don’t know where to post this) we could - on paper - have an easy win and be on 9 points after 3 games. But it’s rarely like that. However we are odds on (4/9 when last I looked).

I notice the other teams near the top gave decent chances to pick up the points too:

Boro - away at Brizzle C maybe have hardest job (skybet odds of win 13/8)

Villa have Ipswich away which looks winnable (odds of 11/10) and Swansea have the mighty Monk and Brum away (odds 11/8)

If the bookies know anything we should be on 9 points and at least one of the other top 4 clubs should fall back a bit.