1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Deontay Wilder v Anthony Joshua

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

It looks like it’s happen, Either September or December.

2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Who cares?

Now, here’s a real fighter!..

3. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I’m not sure that Hearn / Joshua actually want this fight just yet...

There’s more money for them to make by him rolling over the likes of Whyte and then the obese Gypsy before he risks it all taking on the strongest opponent that’s currently out there.

The Wilder fight is fraught with danger for Joshua, and once he does lose a bout, and with it his titles, his currency drops significantly. The paltry offers that Hearn has so far made, suggests to me that they’re not serious. We’ll see.....

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Sick of hearing about AJ.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  5. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Be funny if Fury actually got back to how he was when he fought Klitschko, that Fury would beat Joshua.

Wilder fight has to happen relatively soon as if Whyte wins another fight then decent chance he becomes Wilder's mandatory, which he will lose and **** up all Hearn's plans.

6. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You spelt rapist wrong <whistle>

7. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

He was an animal, no doubt. But he’d have ripped AJ’s head off and pissed down his neck.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I can’t see Fury being a genuine force again. He hit 27st....he’ll knock over a couple of Road sweepers and then he’ll no doubt get his shot, but I think he gets battered tbh.

Wilder has brutal power but his boxing skills are virtually none existent. It’d be Joshua’s biggest test though and I make it a 50/50 fight, as if Wilder gets his bombs to land then he knocks him out, and the same vice versa, it’d be well worth watching and I doubt it’d be a long fight personally.

9. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

All a bit too camp ...

10. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

Fury is still only 29 years old so has plenty of time to get back to his best and if he does he'll batter Joshua

Tel (they/them) likes this.

11. yossarian

He's already lost 7 st

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I know, but he got himself into such a physical mess, with the weight, the beak and the ale, that I can’t see how he ever gets back to being a top level athlete.

13. Saintmagic

I have seen a lot of Wilder and agree with your view on him. The guy is trash but can punch, Joshua will beat him easily. He will play it very similar to the Parker fight and just stay out of range and **** him up with the jab. There is a reason that Wilder is basically a nobody in America where they hype everybody to the extreme and do everything big, he is rubbish.

He should've been stopped against Ortiz, who for the first time in his life wasn't on roids and is one of the slowest fighters I've ever seen. No good fighter would get caught by Ortiz and I would be very surprised if Joshua didn't beat Wilder very comfortably.

Anyway it is the BIG ONE next week with Haye v Bellew 2, hoping for something similar to last time where neither of the obnoxious ****s can gloat about winning as it was such a shambles.

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Agree about the Ortiz fight, Wilder nearly got sparked out by a bloke as mobile as a lamppost.

However, he proved that he’s got real heart and belief in that fight, as he came back and put down a bloke who’d never been KO’d. I’d back Joshua just about I think, but he’d always run the risk of being floored as long as Wilder was still in there. It’d be a massive box office fight for sure.

15. Saintmagic

They'd have to promote it well in America, I saw someone say that it would be bigger money wise than the McGregor Mayweather fight which seems pretty ridiculous. 14,000 people were at Wilder's last fight and 10,000 at his previous fight. Both in America, he really is a nobody over there.

I think Joshua is too quick and too good a boxer to be caught by Wilder, so don't really give him a chance.

16. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

I'm a big Fury fan and really don't care for the hype surrounding casual fans with AJ.

He is as dull as a dishwasher and everything he does is managed and scripted.

Fury tells it as it is - how he sees it anyway - and I respect him for that and man he's entertaining!

The only real character in the heavyweight division.

Part of me wants Wilder to beat him just to shut the casuals up but I want British fighters to win so I want AJ to win should Wilder stop shirking away from the fight.

Then loose the belts to Fury.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  17. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Whether it's the old Fury or the current Fury, AJ would batter him. No question.

Tobes likes this.
  18. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I think there is a question tbf ... Fury is a very intelligent fighter ... and was arguably the more impressive of the two against Klitschko ... wouldn't underestimate him ... provided he can get himself back in shape.<cheers>

19. yossarian

Fury seemed to have less trouble with Klitschko than Joshua did so i'd dispute that. Hopefully, Fury can get a few fights under his belt and the AJ fight can then take place. I think the heavyweight division needs Fury, firing on all cylinders.

20. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I'm convinced Klitschko was carrying an injury against Fury, he hardly threw a right hand all night. The Klitscho that fought AJ would have beaten Fury no problem imo.