1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dennis

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ccfcremotesupport, Feb 16, 2020.

1. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Photos and Videos of S Wales look bad after yesterday's torrential rain.

Hope everyone on here is safe and well.

Porth and Pontypridd look particularly affected, though Mam is safe and sound. She lives on the side of the valley so well away from any flooding. Others not so lucky.

Remember the floods of the late 70s, early 80s. Trehafod was known as Atlantis. They ended up knocking rows of house down it was so bad.

clingo likes this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks like it's all north of Bridgend and thankfully, we're to the south in Porthcawl.

No problems down here except it's blowing a hooley and not very nice down on the front unless you're a storm chaser.

Thoughts are with those very badly affected up around the Ponty area - really feel for them.

3. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Good post remote.

Yes I feel for those badly affected and I hope that all our friends across the country are safe,

4. bluescull

bluescull Well-Known Member

Very bad here in Taffs Well. Luckily we live just above the village, but I’ve lots of friends that have been flooded out. Dennis has really made their lives a misery. But community spirit was fantastic today, help came from everywhere!

5. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Anyone affected has my sympathy. It was a long time ago but we had a terrible flood in Pontcanna in 1979.

clingo likes this.
  6. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

All sympathy to those affected, especially the man who tragically lost his life yesterday in the river Tawe, very very sad.

We were lucky in my street, we live just at the back of Western Avenue in Cardiff where the Taff runs and after bad floods in the 70's, they built a huge bank at the end of the street. Every person in my street yesterday woke up to a flood warning phone call basically saying it was inevitable. I had a look and there wasnt much give on the bank, a couple of ft maybe, so we were moving all our valuables upstairs yesterday - Around 3pm my mrs told me they had opened the barrage and that in 10 minutes of that being opened the river drained by 3 metres! I think they kept it open most of the day as when I looked a little later, it had gone down loads!!! What a relief on our behalf.