1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dear Santa...

Discussion in 'Books' started by Deleted 1, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Even a bitter, twisted, vinidictive old misanthrope like me has to pretend to want something for Xmas and i'm sure i'm not the only one who asks for books.

So, what's on your list this year? I've put Flesh Wounds by Christopher Brookmyre and the biography of the late and great Sir Henry Cecil

2. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

Aah, the good old book token from my sister.

I'll probably get the new Ian Rankin book Saints of the Shadow Bible. And I keep meaning to pick up a copy of Simon Sebag Montefiore's Stalin: The Court of the Red Tsar.

3. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

I'm struggling for new books at the minute, out of about the last 4 or 5 I've bought about 3 of them have been ok and 2 of them have been ****e. I've been forcing myself to finish the ****e ones too because there is a weird guilt which hangs over you when you haven't finished a book. So aye there doesn't appear to be anything out there that I really want to read, so I'll probably be asking for a voucher.

4. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

I got 3 books for my birthday last month,Roddy Doyle's The Guts,Eamon Dunphy's The Rocky Road and Morrissey's autobiography and have only read Doyle's one so I'm ok but will buy Nesbo's latest for the hols.

5. ManDingo 20"/20"

ManDingo 20"/20" MDMA Guru

Can't trust anyone to buy me a amazon voucher so I bought my own books for crimbo.

One fine day in the middle of the night
    Infinite Jest
    Catch me if you can
    Midnight Express
    One flew over the cuckoos nest

Mick if you've not already read it try freakenomics, its right up your street.

6. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

Aye read both Freakenomics - it may actually have been the book that started me off down the popular science route, before moving onto other stuff to get a bigger hit.