1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dear oh Dear...

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by Bolton4Europe, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Bolton4Europe

Bolton4Europe Active Member

Bolton yet again show how bad we can be. After putting in a great performance against Stoke, we have an international break and suddenly we start playing terrible again, with awful performances against West Brom and Everton.

The team is ok, the tactics are terrible. Against Everton today, the formula for which we seemed to play with was - pass around looking for an obvious space, if it doesn't appear, take no risk what so ever and give it to a defender to give it to the keeper so he can boot it up to davies -

This is never going to get us the three points in games, and we didn't even change it going into the second half, and the fact that we had 10 men showed when they scored their goal.

All our possession is useless and we don't ever seem to take advantage of a good 5-10 minutes of football whenever we get it, and it costs us most games now, as we have lost 10 and won only 3 in the league this season. We have lost 6 of our 7 home games apparently. This is relegation form is it not?

Forgetting those sort of stats, there is a common belief that you need at least 40 points to stay in the Premier League. We are effectively a third of the way through the season (13 out of 38), so if we triple our score it will give us a rough estimate of what we are going to get on the form we are on.

9 points tripled is 27. That is a bottom placed finish. Even improving our form slightly would still only get us around 35 points, which would barely keep us up and probably take us down on a high 19th/low18th placed finish.

If we want to stay up then I think we need a massive recovery as soon as we can. I can't see us challenging Spurs, so it'll have to start on 10th December, against Aston Villa at home. If we don't start winning games soon, then we are destined for the championship. With the debt we have, people keep saying this would be a very, very bad thing.

So what do we do? I don't know. Coyle should tell the players to keep the ball on the ground and play to feet. By not playing Davies, this would encourage this. The defence has problems but these are only highlighted as frequent as they are because of our inability to keep possession and use it wisely.

If Coyle doesn't change things around by the end of the Blackburn game, I think he should go. There and then.

I want him out now, but I can see it won't happen unfortunately.

Rant over.