1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dear Mr Johnson

Discussion in 'Leyton Orient' started by EverO, Feb 12, 2011.

1. EverO

EverO New Member

Dear Mr Johnson

Although not in the habit of political acts, I am writing to you as I understand you to be a man who listens to the people in a world that is often faceless and uncaring. I am fearful for the consequences of my beloved football team Leyton Orient as a result of the provision of a rival subsidised stadium next door. Others will no doubt express better than me the history represented by London's second oldest club. It is well documented in any case. What is perhaps less appreciated is the love and affection held for an institution that belies the weekly attendance statistics.

Orient has been such a rallying point for the members of my family over several generations. My father first took me to a match in 1966/7 aged 5, my brother and uncle and he also attending regularly thereafter. My sister's 3 children have all become fans at one time or another. Although we have moved away to all corners of the globe, the club remains our team. My children have had the opportunity to experience live football at the Orient and see the linkage with me and my departed father. As a divorced Dad, the preservation of the identify of our side of the family takes on extra significance and our support for the Orient is a part of that.

I am truly fearful of that the gamble being taken by West Ham who are currently losing the in the battle of the superhaves and have nots in the top flight will not pay off. The commercial realities expose my team to unfair competition. Not much has been said about the impacts. I love the Olympics and jumped for joy at our winning the staging of this event. But I had no idea that this could result in my team being threatened. I now feel sick at the thought of what should be a delight.

I appreciate the challenge of finding what to do with stadium long term - there has been a lot of publicity of this. But some of the athletics' associations have on talksport come out with a view coincident with their own studies that says that athletics is just not big enough in this country to support dedicated facilities - there are about 2000 competing professionals. The legacy issue is overblown and Crystal Palace is the spiritual and branded home of big events. But that harks back to previous questionable decision-making and off my topic.

What will my kids learn if our team disappears - support the underdog and face disappointment because only big money matters? They see our society destroy the high street in favour of supermarkets and football in their formative years becoming just a tv spectacle for the richest. The economics of the small guy is tough but Orient are running a tight ship while others go bust. Fair treatment please. Save our heritage too, please.

Stand up for the Orient
    (Name and address removed)

2. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

The mayor of the borough of utd fans you are addressing is an albino retard who shares the crayon based writing skills of mr Rooney.Perhaps you would better writing to someone who could actually read

3. EverO

EverO New Member

I regret the tone of your post and will ignore it.

"The Mayor would like to thank you for your interest in his work and he is keen to answer your query as quickly and fully as possible. As you will appreciate, he receives a very large amount of correspondence but he is committed to responding to your query within 20 working days."

Let's see what he says..

R.