1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

DEAN HOLDEN remains in the running & BEATS 10 to become BCFC Head Coach

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Jul 31, 2020.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Not the case though is it RP, Can't be that dodgy as we ended mid table didn't we? As we all know and have said several times, we lacked a creative midfield, so if that's put right, the new manager should have no problems hitting that road!! :emoticon-0103-cool: I'm expecting nothing less...:emoticon-0112-wonde

2. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

9F54C278-0FB4-45FA-9D84-71CF119E6749.png

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

THANK F …… LJ wasn't a manager so cant blame him for most of the failures …………...

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

See I disagree completely. I think LJ hugely underperformed with the squad we have - I really don't think we're far away at all from challenging, if we actually use our players correctly. If there is one thing that LJ was terrible for, it was misusing the talent he had at his disposal, and in some cases sticking with some players who got far more chances than others.

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Fair enough Rob, we'll know soon if you're correct and hope you are.
    I can't see how the new man will give us a midfield from the current squad that will feed the strikers and also help out our defenders.
    I can't see the quality you talk of, just hope Hughton or whoever can.
    It would be a terrible enditement of Johnson if you're right.

6. johngalleyfan2

GREAT TO SEE YOU ARE A MANAGER IN THE MAKING!....:emoticon-0101-sadsm
    got a dodgy key board keeps locking caps.. or not locking caps ..apologies till I can repair it

7. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Makes a nice change from a keyboard that keeps using different colours John <laugh><laugh>

BCFCRob and Tom_BCFC like this.
  8. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

Hilarious that was, anyway Rob is 100% correct in what he says, LJ underperformed massively with the squad of players we have, we’d perform for half a season then disappear the next half, who’s fault is this ??

We were second 5 points behind Wolves in 2017, a manager/ coach with more experience would not see us pathetically fall apart after December every year.

We have a good squad of players who were used horribly and they didn’t know what they were doing half the time, which is why we saw nonsense like centre forwards playing on the wing and wingers playing CM etc, we were all over the place.

BCFCRob likes this.
  9. RedorDead

I’m looking forward to see what this group of players can play like when not being confused all the time.

10. oneforthebristolcity

He managed to enable the players we have to achieve mid table, so if you are right, the new manager should be leading us to playoffs. minimum..

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Borrowed from OTIB ~
    Dean Holden
    1/2
    Paul Cook
    6/1
    Chris Hughton
    8/1
    Alex Neil
    10/1

Wow what a huge shift in last 30 minutes , Holden now bookies favourite.

12. johngalleyfan2

are you going to give it back?

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

14. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

This board should come alive if Holden is appointed. Who wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall during the interviews?

15. RedorDead

Now
    Cook 1/1
    Holden 5/4
    Hughton 8/1

16. oneforthebristolcity

I'm buzzing with excitement.......................................not :emoticon-0103-cool:

17. RedorDead

I am, every club he’s been to he has taking them upwards. It’s only this year he has left a club on the same level. And that was a technicality with Wigan’s 12 point reduction.

Might work or not but used to a lot less budget than would be here (barring Covid restrictions) and plays youth players. Hopefully he brings Joe Williams with him to replace Korey.

Bet Sheff Utd fans didn’t want Chris Wilder. Looking at the playoffs barring Neil Harris the managers all had limited experience. And Harris never had much previous experience. I know Cardiff fans are all admitting they was wrong about Neil Harris but has got them playing well.

I wanted LJ to succeed but I could see it last season that he wasn’t going to and starting to tinker far too much.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  18. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I partly agree with this Rob, but also partly agree with RP. I don't think our squad is as good as you think, but that conversely means LJ overachieved, not underachieved with this squad, by getting top 8 finishes.

We will see what happens with the new guy.

19. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It's Bristol City ffs

Billionaire owner, who says one thing i.e 'I want to see us in the Premiership' and then sounds likely to appoint yet another lame duck if Holden gets the nod.
    The bloke is a control freak and that's why we may yet again not be attracting the sort of candidates that we feel could actually get the job done and see us reach the promised land.

If I were Hughton or someone that had a great CV and was being interviewed, and was then told during that process that you won't actually be choosing/buying players, or maybe even picking the team due to what appears to be continual management interference, I'd tell them where to go

If this comes to pass and Holden is appointed, then I hope that BCFC Season Ticket holders vote with their wallets and tell Lansdown and Ashton where to stick their appointment, and that the casual attendees stay away when the ground reopens.

It will just confirm that Lansdown and Ashton are not fit for purpose.

And yes, I know that Lansdown is the owner, holds the purse strings/has the final say so etc. I just think it's all skewed very badly at times by the way the club is run. And you'd think by now they'd have learned a thing or two about what you get from the cheap and easy option because it's got us virtually nowhere over the last Christ knows how many seasons. Tinnion, Millen, LJ, and Holden now apparently in prime position.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  20. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Perhaps SL may sell up, I hear there's a Saudi consortium looking for a club to buy....<laugh><laugh>