1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dean Holden - Head Coach - OFFICIAL!!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

So who are you going to support now that you are done with this club?

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

22 years week in week out and following all over the country -time for a break falling out of love with my team under this present regime.

3. Loathsneyd

Every cloud has a silver lining

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I think the least they deserve is the 10 game test, where we are, let's see who they bring in and move out, find out what the structure and style of the team will be, we should get used to the Holden system and see if we've cast off the LJ negativity and indecision.

Once this has been established we can all form an opinion of the direction of travel.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  5. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Paraphrasing him .

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

SPOT ON Wiz i understand JL is not the brightest of sparks.

7. AshtonRed

I take it you’ll be going down then ?

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I didn't think there could be a more controversial appointment than LJ, alas, step forward Mark Ashton, you've outdone yourself here sir, well done!!

Redprintt likes this.
  9. Loathsneyd

making things up then

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Luckily enough for me that's a decision through circumstances I don't have to make at the moment, how do you feel about your season ticket, will you be seeking a refund or are you happy to go with it, I am in the camp that didn't want Holden but he is now our confirmed head coach and he has got my support.

11. AshtonRed

Not at all, not his exact words , but the thrust , if you don’t understand the difference that’s not my fault . Or maybe you are just Being awkward

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  12. AshtonRed

Honestly, if I’m given the option I’ll take the refund. I will still go, but will pick my games . That’s partly due to COVID , but had they appointed Hughton I probably would have chosen to keep it and allow the club to keep any balance , as I did at the end of last season .

Red Robin likes this.
  13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Surely there must some sort of refund scheme that can be offered ?

14. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I’ve never had a season ticket I’m sorry to say. In my younger days as a pub manager I was always working and the same when I moved into IT working 12 hour night shifts. Then the kids came along whilst I was still on shift - then I moved to Swindon. Now I work ‘normal’ hours but I spend a lot of time abroad (as much as I can).
    I have had membership for the past 3 years and go down the Gate when I can - I also went to the Reading away game last season. I’ll probably do the same next season if COVID goes away.

15. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

I thought you could only claim a refund up to the end of March, or am I thinking of something else ?

16. Loathsneyd

Being awkward? I'm not the one putting words into the owner's mouth to suit his argument. All he said is he wants a manager that can take us to the next level. Nothing about him being a top manager or referring to experience

17. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

you need to look at and understand the wider picture … had the result v Cardiff been different who knows the course of history? … however they relieved LJ of his duties … and a torrent? of applications followed on the next post / few days. From the very start DH was in the frame, and what followed was an sifting of applicants whilst the season panned out, leaving DH to do his job. Talk is of 10 on a short list that's 10 to talk to not everyone will fit into a specific slot so taking less than 3 weeks to interview 10 leaves less than 10 days to give the decision!! There is no point starting interviews [ other than DH /JM ] BEFORE the applicants start to dry up .. [cut off date ]. having got 10 down to 4 that's another 4 days [ 14 days to interview out of 19 days] also time needed for coach's to be interviewed … not a case of a 10 minute job at personel office … likely all day.. a getting to know you tour of the club etc etc SO reality is a professional approach …..
    from these 10 shortlisters they probably gleaned a lot of useful info to boot [ when I interviewed peeps for jobs a few dropped some useful bits of info ]

it is likely to be higher you pay for "quality/experience" [ coach's ] and Dean is likely [ rolling contract ] on more than LJ AND THE COACH' ON MORE THAN dh /jm were

18. AshtonRed

You’d think so , whether it’s a full refund though who knows, may be a partial one for the games crowds aren’t allowed to attend. We’ll have to wait & see.

19. AshtonRed

I’m not the only one who read this into his interview, even MA didn’t deny it when questioned by JT in his interview . Most seem to have taken the same interpretation as me. If you are happy my interpretation is wrong fair enough , that’s your choice

20. AshtonRed

I’ve not seen anything yet. In fairness no one knows how the next few months will pan out. The season is about to start soon and it’s obvious crowds won’t be allowed in for some time so I imagine the club will have to announce something in the next few weeks.