1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Dean Holden - Head Coach - OFFICIAL!!

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Aug 8, 2020.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

The anger in you will only make you ill

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  2. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

BCFCRob and Supcon72 like this.
  3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

But still the only manager to keep us in the championship the longest since AD.....however way you look at it............that's never going away and will haunt you for the rest of your days.....<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Supcon72 likes this.
  4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Surely that is a good memorable achievment but all that time he spent avoiding relegation or mid table stability he singularly failed to gain a promotion or any other honour, in fact he took over when we were 17th and we ended up 12th after 4 and a half years, his achievment or progress was 1 and a bit per year increase in progress, spending millions on gismos and 55 plus players, no thankyou.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  5. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

But Wiz, in past years with numerous managers we normally get relegated.....I also think we established that Ashton held the pearl strings..so the zillions is not part of the argument...and if it is, then I think we gained more money than we lost in the way of transfer fees...
    Please haters. if next season turns into a relegation dog fight....please don't try and blame LJ, cus it won't wash :emoticon-0103-cool:

Supcon72 likes this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

From the first page ….
    .. I've said many times [probably more than the pips in the fresh blackberries and icecream just consumed ].. the media need to sell column inch's, they cater for the negative and by rumour mongering … who wants to hear about a obscure individual, when plucking a name like GERRARD out of the blue willsell a couple or so days print!.....

….. I don't think any level headed person would in the present clime expect there to an open chest of loot to spend, A LOT of peeps on here says we have a very good squad .. so no need to go overboard … well we all know your deep seated hatred of LJ so it would beggar belief if you hadn't made this statement! <whistle><whistle><whistle> ….a happy tune!

.. before you actually get to have an interview, they know more about you than you would think … faceache...twatter ...etc etc…

… bit later than I expected [ tic ] Bullshit flying around is the rumour mongers … It is a continuation of the "plan, set by SL " AND IT IS NOT CHEAP... SO SAME DIRECTION just maybe a fresher prospective to "what happens on the pitch" …. definetly not shambolic, as this isa positive step [ shambolic is just a cover up ] and they couldn't tell you weeks ago as the process had to be followed through ..that's why DH went on holiday … the first to be interviewed and short listed … bit like the golden vote straight into the final ……

see the response to Wiz above :emoticon-0100-smile

.. a man of wisdom!

… another man of wisdom!

7. johngalleyfan2

from the second page ……….
    … hopefully he will win many victories !

:emoticon-0138-think think you got first go!

…. if you don't see the ground reopen then you wont! :emoticon-0105-wink: … if you do see it then a different kettle of fish …!

… that's the spirit

look forward to your comments in the following season:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile

… I bet you do not have any mirrors in your house, or look into still water on a sunny day …! managed to get my money back and made a small profit, phoned Tate and Lyle and asked if the could deliver enough sugar to cure your bitterness … , <sorry> .....but they said stocks are low due to panic buying they only have 30,000 tonnes spare ………..

8. johngalleyfan2

… and you will need phone for a telephone assessment … which will be unfair to other patients as they like to alot just 10 mins per interview … yours might take a long time or be very short and an ambulance will be there in 10 mins with men in white coats!:emoticon-0112-wonde:emoticon-0112-wonde:emoticon-0112-wonde:emoticon-0112-wonde

head coach! ? … a growing trend in todays football … as a manager would be deemed to have to much power and be in charge of the purse strings on whom he bought / sold ……

…. don't get giddy Wiz! putting a spin on things is a subtle way of showing admiration! SL in the beginning as well as others knew it would take time .. when we narrowly avoided relegation SL stated LJ WOULD LIKELY BE GIVEN TIME … maybe had we have gone down again it could have been a different scenario now? could still have LJ as head coach and next season challenging for promo to prem … no one knows … eg HAD we beaten CARDIFF then won the 2 easy games and finished up in 8th or 9th on level points with 6th team ...what then? you have to take the cards dealt ...humans are who we are … we survive by being believers in what we want … sad thing though is that being human we have all sorts in our makeup .. basically 2 groups those that accept those that do not … [ many sub divisions in both groups ] ……

9. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I was underwhelmed when we appointed LJ as I didn't think he had the experience for the role, but he did pretty well until the post lockdown restart this year. I'm even more underwhelmed with Holden, but who knows Holden may also do well. I wonder if the target of a top 6 finish this season has been revised for him?

Either way, he, like LJ and those before will get my backing as the Head Coach, not sure manager is applicable. I fear he will have zero say in transfers - in and out, as it's apparent that this will, and has been handled by Ashton for a long while now.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The more I think about this whole farce, the more I actually think the management (surprisingly) have been quite clever in their approach, although it still doesn't explain why an internal appointment took 5 weeks to announce.
    Firstly they have the Pandemic as a get out of jail free card across the board. So if Holden and co work out they will pat themselves on the back and tell each other they knew best all along, and if it all ends in tears after a few months, they'll say the financial constraints of Covid-19 were to blame. And also, Holden is only on a 12 month rolling contract as opposed to a 3 or 5 year fixed deal.
    But what I don't quite understand is why we've gone from having a Head Coach and 2 Assistants, which didn't work, ending with 2 of them (why not all 3, well who knows!?) to having a Head Coach and 2 Assistants again so the wage bill be surely be similar ?
    Why doesn't Ashton just do the whole job himself, like a Manager would, and save the club a ton of money on extra salaries, and when it doesn't work out then he in turn can be sacked.
    A win-win situation I think !

Supcon72 likes this.

11. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Ashton would never take on the role as manager as he would have no one to blame in the event of failure plus he like to give orders and not take any, he is a suited snake.

RedorDead likes this.
  12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

13. Angelicnumber16

I said it tongue very much in cheek Wiz. Ashton is way too cute to put himself in the firing line !

wizered likes this.
  14. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I’m not so much against the appointment as everyone starts on little experience. It was the length of the process that done it for me.
    If we come through this period of no fans for this season then that should be applauded as there are going to be clubs failing FFP this season season.
    The 12 month rolling contract is also a good move.
    Overall not disheartening just annoying that they took so long.
    One word of advice to Dean and that’s don’t trust Ashton. He threw you under the bus twice in his interview in the Korey and Jamie Mac decisions.

One big plus was watching RR on here, Twitter and Facebook broadcasting that Hughton was a definite.

15. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

He has previous form in this space, remember him telling us his sources said Nigel Pearson was coming to the gate to be our manager last time around <laugh><doh><laugh><doh>

RedorDead likes this.
  16. Angelicnumber16

He's been chosen to be Head Coach for reasons best known to others, so in the meantime all we can do is hope he gets the support he needs and that he provide consistency, and that he can right the wrongs of the way we played latterly under Johnson.

17. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Don't blame Dean HOLDEN WE WOULD ALL GRAB IT.

But i blame SL -JL and that snake Ashton.

DH is going to be under considerable pressure from Day 1.

Ambition my ass- to appoint the sacked manager assistant is mind boggling.

18. Red Robin

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> tell me how the assistant to the failed sacked manager is going to do that.

19. Red Robin

Yesterday showed that-i agree Red out of the frying pan into the fire.

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I am all for supporting Holden and the new triumvirate but there is no doubt in my mind Ashton is building empires surrounded by yes men and Jon Lansdown is just a thick figurehead.

Supcon72 likes this.