1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Deadline day Thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Aug 29, 2017.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... the one where you suggest that we "might" hold on to a top 4 spot in January and we win the EPL title by a 10 point margin in May, Quentin?

Nah ... you've suffered enough derision from the lads on here for that I'm thinking .... you'll get over it in time .. as will Skyrimmer <laugh>

Until then I'll just keep smiling wryly at your collective discomfort, secure in the knowledge that neither the Spuds or 'Pool will be joining that exclusive band of EPL title winners anytime soon ... just Leicester City in there between the North West giants and the London giants <ok> <laugh>

2. Nope, Bambs. It's the one where I accurately predict that success in the year that you fluked the title would come at a massive cost in in the following seasons.
    <ok>

3. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Think you'll find it's the one I mentioned Quentin ... that thread is comedy gold ... would you like me to quote your "might hold on to top 4" comment or would you like to rush over in a Quentin style tantrum and try and edit it? <laugh>

4. You are still in denial, I see, Bambs.

I'm not surprised.

You thought that "winning the title" would be everything, but I knew better.

The spiral is going to be brutal for both you and the club. I tried to warn you, so my conscience is clear.

One day, you will move on from your desire to mock me (for being honest, intelligent, and correct), and you will be able to acknowledge my wisdom, and thank me for giving you a shard of reality on which to cling, during these desperate times.

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

Surely they could just put a no selling rule in too?

6. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Yes I'm denying we went on to win the title Quentin <laugh> .... perhaps it was just a fantasy like most of the things you post on here eh, Quents?

Now let me just go check the records books .. oh dear, some bad news Quentin ... Leicester City did go on to win the EPL title it appears (joining the likes of Man United, Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea in an elite group that doesn't appear to include either Spurs or Liverpool) whilst at the same time making you and your spiral prediction look very silly ...

Silly Quentin <laugh>

Still at least it hasn't bothered you for long <whistle>

Silly Quents ...

7. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

If it stops the PL monied clubs pissing round the others great (Chelsea witty drinkwater for example). They will have to stump up the money sooner.
    It may encourage foreign clubs to act sooner as well as I'd expect English clubs to stand firm like liverpool with Coutinho if they can't replace him

Skylarker likes this.