1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Deadline Day Fun

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Aug 9, 2018.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Mourinho miserable. England's best left back going out on loan. Goalkeeper madness.

Kayden Jackson confirmed.

This has been an incredible transfer window for Town. Hurst has pulled off what would have been unthinkable in the McCarthy era and with a net transfer profit. Anything else now is a bonus.

2. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

One thing I have always praised McCarthy for was the sudden signing where there was little build up and BANG! Signing confirmed. I was worried we'd struggle with our name (and targets) being widely publicised, but credit to Hurst (and Evans) for getting these deals done.

I used to think it was a positive that we only made a few signings each summer, but having said that Mick would then have a January panic & then sign some journeymen on loan (Pringle, Feeney, Gleeson, Carayol)... So it is refreshing that we have made so many positive moves in the summer window to get us fully prepared for the season ahead.

9 signings so far and (with 2 more) you could make a decent starting XI out of those signings as well <ok>

3. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

The Windass link seems directly linked to Garner.. E.g. if we sell Garner we will sign Windass, but not without selling Garner first to fund the move. Plus Rangers are playing tonight, so would expect that something would need to be done early if that were to happen.

Can't see Jonas leaving.. Hurst seems to really rate him. If there was a bid of £3m+ then I expect we'd look to deal, but not sure that sort of money would be forthcoming. Plus the replacement we had in mind (Declan John) looks set to sign for Swansea (which is understandable being from South Wales)

We're still in the market for a Centre Back, but wouldn't be surprised to see us sign someone on loan next week instead of overpay for Tilt. He only has a year left, so could realistically sign him for less in Jan or next summer and would expect the loan market to offer better value and quality than other positions (Carter-Vickers for example)