1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

de Ridder

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Don Cortese, Dec 10, 2011.

1. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

Always look to improve. Let's see if we can get him on loan.

2. RomseySaint

RomseySaint Member

More realistic we should go for Albert Adomah from Bristol City. I also think if we want a side prepared for the premiership we should push for Jonjo Shelvey as we need a central midfielder who can score goals. If not him then Peter Whittingham from Cardiff! Then finally Ebanks-Blake from Wolves who was the top scorer in the Championship for 2 seasons before they got promoted and is still only 25!

3. Saint-Harry

Saint-Harry Member

Think Fulham are interested in Adomah. Although if the ambition is truly there we should try go for players who are being linked with clubs in the prem.

4. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Quotes about adomah going for around 5mil, that's way to much.

5. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

What is the point of saying "if Chamberlain was still here"? He isn,t and there is no point in saying it.
    We have done pretty well since he left, but I think we are short of genuine pace on the flanks.
    I would be surprised if NA hasn,t noted this, so watch out for Jan transfer window.

6. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Yeah f*ck off De Ridder you pile of sh*t. Useless bastard can't do anything I've written him already - why did we sell Chamberlain and sign this Sunday league quality Footballer?!!!! :mad: :mad:

Oh.

7. JDub

JDub Well-Known Member

No need to go all secondary school style because you don't agree with someone...

8. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why are people saying if Chamberlain was still here we'd be 9 points clear? Whats the f**king point. And as for the stick De Ridder is getting give him time for f**ks sake. I think he could be really good for us - he just needs time to settle and adapt to english football. Guly has adapted and he is one of our key players now. I happen to trust NA and the scouting team at Saints, some people obviously don't.

9. Le God

Le God Member

Someone's mad. Throwing all his toys out the pram. Waaaawaaaawaaaa

10. dontgonigel

dontgonigel Member

Can't actually believe some of the comments on de ridder, he is still learning our game and compared to Belgium/Dutch leagues the English game is world apart, he has not had a chance as the team have played so well this season it's hard to fit him in apart from 10 mins here or there! Catch 22 you don't change a winning team but in turn some players don't get game time they need!

I am annoyed as much as the next fan he didn't look up at the end but had he of done (which he has in the past) you would all be singing his praises!

A lot of you are very fickle, good point against a good team and considering Bart was very shaky and dropped a clanger I was happy with the point!

When a team hits a bad patch like saints have and still manage to increase a gap like we have tonight shows we are a team bound for promotion, have some faith!

Steve will come good he has quality and don't be surprised if he plays a bigger part in our promotion challenge in the second half of our season!

11. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Hope you're right and he proves me wrong, I am far from fickle I have never thought de ridder was any good. That is my opinion you have yours.

12. TBD

TBD Active Member

Excelllent point!

13. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Agree with the sentiment. Incidentally, I'm reading this book, by Joseph Heller. Thoroughly recommended. Brilliant.

14. Saint

Saint Active Member

It's interesting that he passes not such a great amount if we look back to last season he had something rediculous like 25 assists or something?

15. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

de Ridder is an impact player. He won the ball and created an opportunity..yes, he should have looked up and passed it but there's no guarantee we'd have scored. Some players are untouchable and will not get criticism..he's still finding his feet. You all may be right, but it's still early to say.

16. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I have read Catch 22 a million times and long ago realised that it is not a book about war but about economics but then all war is about economics.

Yossarian is my hero but we can all see something of ourselves and others we know in each of Heller's characters. The lovely Mrs Godders says that I am like Major Major, never around around when she needs me.

I would say it is the best book ever written.

17. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Don't know about the best book ever written, but certainly the best anti-war satire. As I remember Major Major was given that rank because his name happened to be Major Major Major. Perhaps we should arrange for all Southampton players to have their names changed to something appropriate, such as Fifty Goals a Season Lambert, or Clean Sheet Bialkowski, or Indestructible Connolly.

18. reubenagbola

reubenagbola Member

I only wish you were our manager. Dipstick.

19. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

I was watching the game with an ex pro footballer and he said that De Ridder made the wrong choice (obviously) but he could see why he tried to take the man on. There was one Blackpool player moving towards him plus another one in the centre blocking the 2 Saints players moving into the box and the third was slightly behind the Blackpool player, plus the Blackpool keeper so if the ball was played in front of the Blackpool player in the middle there was a reasonably chance the keeper would of got it. By trying to get to the byline you eliminate the Blackpool player trying to tackle you, and the keeper (unless the ball is ****) This then creates a 3 on 1 situation in the box in Saints' favour plus it gives the players i nthe box that extra second or two to take up better positions in the area. Its basically percentage football, more chance of beating the Blackpool player and getting a good ball in than getting a ball in without beating the Blackpool player and it finding a Saint.

Hope I've explained that clearly!

20. The Based God

The Based God Active Member

That's what I thought, it would have had to have been a perfect pass to get it to one of our players, it wasn't a case of looking up, it was a case of a bad touch which happens to anyone. If Lallana did it no one would be making this much of a fuss.