1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

De Boer Sacked

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by luvgonzo, Sep 11, 2017.

1. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Well he took Blackburn over when they where down the bottom and got them to 6th, then yeah the following season didn't go well for him.

However at Fulham he did very well, took them over in the relegation zone, saved them, and then finished 7th the following year, and then 12th the year after despite resting players as they got to the UEFA Cup final.

At West Brom he took them over in 17th and that same season got them to 11th, then the following year they where 10th.

So the last 2 struggling relagation teams he has managed he's done very well with, considering the resources he had available at both Fulham and West Brom.

I'm not saying he is any sort of world class manager, but he is good at that level, that cannot be doubted for me.

BobbyD likes this.
  2. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Tbf Allardyce is the expert at keeping teams up, it's his raison d'ĂȘtre

BobbyD likes this.
  3. moreinjuredthanowen

thats a fair enough point.

its also fair to point out that those were 7/8 years ago with fulham and 5 years ago with wst brom and some things (not that much but some) have changed.

One key thing is the man himself is now 70.

So palace just threw thier survival to a guy who's gone from retirement job with england and hasn't managed the prima donnas that have gotten worse and worse lately.

Now... he;s a defensive patterns of play type manager. He will probably make them better... safe to ay they could not be bloody worse... but will there be 3 sides worse than them?

4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Baptism of fire for De Boer , EPL toughest league in the world where anyone can beat anyone.

5. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Hodgson is a lot like a few other English old school managers like pullis, fat Sam, Hughes etc who are good enough to set up a team to defend decently and hold their own. None of them take risks with style and try attacking etc. It will always get them mid table unless something dramatic happens but will never get them higher and won't get them a top job.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

he didnt do his home work

was always a reason fat sam walked away.

7. King Shergar

Now you are judging a guy based on his age, without any evidence to support that he is to old. Let's not forget a 71 year old managed a PL winning side in 2013. You don't have to be hands on in training as a manager, you've got coaches for that, it's more about your man management skills.

I don't think he took the England job based on the limited number of games you are asked to work for. It was probably more to do with the much bigger pay cheque, and it's generally considered a much bigger job than most club sides.

I hardly feel PL stars attitudes have changed much in the last 5 years, since he last managed in the PL. PL stars have been prima donnas a lot longer than that.

Crystal Palaces team is actually a fairly useful side, as you scousers should know full well with the results they've had against you, so yeah I think there will be atleast 3 teams worse at the end of the season.

Frank De Boer is an expansive attacking coach, so despite having good players at his disposal, they where never going to take to his style of play.

When you are managing at the top of the league you can go in and change the style of play, as its not a disaster if the team has 1 season of poorer results whilst they learn a new way of playing, but you can't afford to do it at the bottom of the league, due to the financial implications of getting relagated. A good manager at the bottom of the league plays to the strengths of the players he has, he doesn't go in and change everything. That's where De Boer went wrong, but Hodgson will go back to the way the players know how to play, and that will be similar to how Big Sam had them playing.

Diego and BobbyD like this.
  8. King Shergar

It's good to know you don't class the Liverpool or England jobs as top jobs. I agree BTW <ok>

Diego, BobbyD and Bodinki like this.
  9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

So do I

BobbyD and King Shergar like this.
  10. LuisDiazgamechanger

@Bodinki .You like beautiful women can we share?:laugh:.

luvgonzo likes this.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

that was a complete fluke <laugh>

the guy is 70 and it will take a lot of energy I'm not sure he has to turn that ship around. My experience of roy hodgson is a very very small coaching staff and very hands on in training.

Palce have key issues mate, namely midfield. they'd decent enough player sup top but he was ****ing strangle them creatively. Hodgson has to get two in front of the CBs and sit deep. He will be happy to do it but the problem is he doesn't have the CMs.

Fat sam ran from that job mate for a reason. We all know he did. he saw this coming.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Depends what you want to share?
    If you are a hot woman and you want to share bodily fluids, I am all for it.
    If you are a 50 year old scouser dude and you want to share crabs, then I'd prefer not :)

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  13. moreinjuredthanowen

fair enough... its not that they are tactically sound either its just a massed defence and a lump it attitude.

once one goal goes in they are looking for a set piece break.

14. saintKlopp

You're no fun.

Alisson Becker is N01 likes this.
  15. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

What if he's a beautiful woman with crabs?

organic red and Rorschach like this.
  16. saintKlopp

They can all defend better than we can.

17. saintKlopp

please log in to view this image

Bodinki likes this.
  18. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Maybe we need to hire Roy.

19. saintKlopp

It's a wonder nobody's thought of that.

20. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Not fussed; De Boer will get a bumper pay off from being sacked and will land another club soon enough, his reputation isn't harmed as anyone can see 4 games is far too soon. Hodgson will either keep them up or get sacked and receive another pay off for his 'services'.

No sympathy for managers at all these days. Even ****e ones get huge money and new clubs over and over again.
    Club I couldn't give a toss about either.
    Palace fans I sympathise with though