1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

DC's Time Is Up

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I am still very much in the DC IN camp.

It was great to hear the reception that DC and the team got after the game yesterday. Yes there were the odd boo from a handful of fans but that was very quickly sounded out with applause to the team for their efforts and a song for DC showing the majority are still behind him and a chorus of Irene.

DC hasnt lost the dressing room. We didnt play that bad at all. We played like a team without confidence and after the red card, we seemed to pick our heads up and that sparked a reaction from our fans who were far more vocal with songs and support from that point.

Its just the same old issue with the lack of goals. Gillingham did sod all apart from have 2 shots from 25 yards out and scored them both. Literally 2 shots on target and 2 goals. While we continue to hit the woodwork yet again and had shots miraculously saved by a keeper or find our shots blocked by defenders which was going in. They even last night nearly scored an own goal which was somehow kept out by their keeper! We literally could have easily got 4 or 5 last night. Thats the difference. Gillingham were ruthless while we up front are really struggling for confidence. We have Nichols who has scored 3 in around 70 games. We have Payne who gets abused for everything and is this seasons scapegoat. I think it was his best game for us last night. He nearly scored at the end which was brilliantly saved. He was trying to stop the time wasting and was acting as the ball boy getting the ball a lot, trying to speed up the game. But some around me were shouting abuse at him. He even ran back chasing the ball all the way back to LB position. He did a great job for the team yet he then received abuse again from some around me for being at LB position. FFS, give the guy a break.

No wonder we are struggling to score.

old timer and smhbcfc like this.
  2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Seamge, you may unfortunately get your wish as DC will be sitting down with the board this week to discuss his future. He has been made promises that has been continuously broken. He has had to sell Taylor, Bodin, Harrison and Gaffney for £1.5 million and has only had £500k to strengthen the team to try and replace the goals lost. He has been told that come January, if he wants to make signings, he has to first let players go. His hands have been tied while he is basically getting raped by the board. DC will demand more from the board and if they say no, you will get your wish Seamge as DC will walk. Then who will take over? Holloway? No thanks. Whoever will come in will have the same issue. No money and the same squad not performing. So who will want to come in?

Quilllogic likes this.
  3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Would a change of manager actually make any difference?

Appreciate this is from afar, but it strikes me that the problems are further up the "Management Structure" in the club? Those issues would still exist for a new manager.

DC's always struck me as a capable manger to be fair.

4. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

If DC walks { Which I don't think he will do } then have a chat with Paul Hurst before he goes back to the Shrews ! That's of course if there is anyone 'up top' capable of recruiting a new football manager, they might have to dig out a copy of 'Running A Football Club For Dummies' !

5. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Well listening to your manager he comes across as a really nice bloke, I think he's much better than your position shows, it's just that what he has sold (not his fault) and what he's got is a massive difference in quality, if you still had Taylor, Bodin, and Gaffney you certainly wouldn't be in the position you are now, solution spend some money on some half decent strikers or you will be relegated no doubt.

6. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I got the impression from odd bits that came from Steve Hamer's questions on Radio Bristol that the board would back DC. If I haven't misunderstood what was said then the proof of the pudding will be in their actions come January transfer window.
    I think DC has 1 major fault and I fully supporting his staying at the club as manager and that fault is he is to honest in what he says,if you ever speak to him one to one and you ask him a question he always gives an answer whether or not he should
    Looked at the match highlights on rovers news and their GK appeared to be still holding the ball outside the area when he kicked it out in the lead up to their 2 goal

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  7. old timer

Is DC still at the Rovers. Marcus Stewart seems to have done the interviews lately and DC has missed the last FOUR press obligations. I don't like the quiet that there seems to be. There has been no word from either the board or DC as to whether he is still employed

8. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

DC must now be considering his own future.

9. old timer

I hope that despite everything he hangs on in with him the future is good. I firmly believe that a lot of the players who came to the club because he was the manager might otherwise leave. DC is still the man to take us forward and upward, the road might be a bit bumpy but we need to get behind him and the team