1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

DC

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Aug 30, 2018.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Somebody called Roy deAlien reckons the board are getting ready to sack DC, The shortlist to take over apparently is Paul Trollope, Terry Butcher and Keith Curle.
    I would like to see the board knock this on the head quickly and reaffirm their support of DC
    This info was found on Bristol Rovers hashtag

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I dont think they will do this. Not until Nov/Dec at least. No point really as a new manager would just have the same bunch of players to work with. Getting in someone new close to the Jan window will allow them to assess the team to see who he wants gone and then can see who he needs to bring in.

However, personally, I dont think we should sack him. It's not his fault. Well maybe some is as some of his team selection/tactics are questionable at times but mainly we have cocked up this season so far by individual errors at the back. I dont believe DC has lost the dressing room so sacking him will just cause a lot of issues and will just set us back years after what we have done for the last 4 years.

If Wael is sticking with evolution not revolution then it would not make sense sacking DC to bring in someone else who wont be able to achieve anything more than what DC is already doing at this club with the shoestring budget that we have.

Getting in a loan player from Stevenage to deal with our LB issue is a joke. You telling me that there isnt a LB available in the top 2 leagues who can step in until we get our LB fit? Or is the rel reason why we can only get in a Stevenage player on loan is because its all we can afford??

3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Football as we all know is a results business and lose again at The Meadow and the pressure is surely going to build, we have had some poor starts in recent seasons but none more so than this one if we don't secure all three points from Saturday's fixture. It may not have been all of Mr Clarke's fault but how many times have you seen players shown the door ahead of the manager ?

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

always better the devil you know …… look at some of the changes made on the "hoof" resulted in finishing in same general area of the league or doing very much worse!
    Had you won 1 more you would be top 12 on points! 10 games is a good number to make assessment of the situation …. 15 points would be average and 18 points good in a normal season /start less than 10 well ….. ?

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We have had a shocking defence for a few seasons now and DC has done nothing to address it he's done a lot for the club but I started losing faith in him last season.

6. old timer

Still think he is the best manager we have had in recent times

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Me too but if its not working this season then we need to act. But I think its still way too early to even think about this. Lets see where we are come November/December.

8. old timer

The three managers mentioned by our Dealien friend have all been sacked multiple times by different clubs, if we are doing that badly Nov / Dec time and the board decide to change things around I would rather they went for an untried Player / Ex player from a premier club who might be able to call in a few favours in the form of loan signings, or maybe Marcus Stewart could be given a chance

Quilllogic likes this.
  9. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

DC definitely hasn't suddenly become a bad manager. August was a tough month. I'm sure a lot more points will be on the board by the end of October/ November, but if we're in the same sort of league position then, he may be in trouble because the December programme looks tough. Can't imagine anyone doing any better on such a tight budget.

10. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I see that there has been a couple of departures over the last day or so after just five or six games in, Stubbs at St Mirren and Collins at Bradford. It might be interesting to see what happens 'if ' Argyle do us over this coming Saturday !

11. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

It's a very big game for both managers!

12. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I am not really that fussed about Adams, he’s just a porridge gobbler and quite an unlikeable one at that.