1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

David Prutton..... Who is he.......

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by LiamO, Mar 10, 2017.

1. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

I see he has taken the opposition to beat us again..... Who is this guy... Was he a footballer... And how the **** did he end up as a football sage...He is starting to piss me off... Have we upset him at some point in his awful career.. These ex.(****) pro's think they are experts! Why does everyone hate us so much....!

2. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

He's just not eating any muesli at all mate

Obi Wan likes this.
  3. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Nah not beat us, he thinks it's gonna be 2-2, we didn't lose when he predicted us to and we didn't lose when he predicted us to win, so I guess the only option left is predict we draw and hope that means we'll lose.

Fulham may do ok, but there is absolutely no logic in predicting they'll get a point based on current form. I love the way he spends the whole of his prediction going on about how great Fulham are then quickly says in the last line "newcastle did ok in the last week and they'll probably get a draw".

Dunno, I've never heard of him until recently either, just some retired 3rd tier differ who seemingly has an axe to grind against us. Oh well, any clown can write predictions (see Lawro).

4. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Why is it that people called David are always idiots

5. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Some ponce who is stealing a living.

6. Toon_Man_Sam1

Toon_Man_Sam1 Well-Known Member

I want to know what the requirements are to become one of these "Experts". At the moment the only thing you need to do to qualify is have a distinct hatred for Newcastle United.

Sky are full of them, Tuesday when we played Reading they did a piece with Tony Cottee of all people and he couldn't stop banging on about how much money we spent and how our budget was bigger than any other club. Firstly this is incorrect, Newcastle have made the most money through transfers in our league this year, secondly, it's a fooking competition, if we wanna spend money to try and win a competition and we aren't breaking any rules, who cares. I'm not apologising for the fact we have the biggest stadium, the biggest attendances and the biggest commercial value in the league.

The problem with these so called experts is they think playing the game for a few years at lower league level (like David Prutton) gives him a far superior opinion, when in reality, he does very little homework, has no tactical knowledge and cant get over his own bias and jealousy! Why these people are paid is beyond me, they appease very few fans, but the monopoly of Sky can do what they want because ultimately they've smashed money into football.

Captainchaos. and LiamO like this.
  7. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

There's always some dick who wants us to fail, I remember back in the 92/93 our games were often shown on Central TV, and one of their pundits was everyone's favourite boring old alcy Jimmy Greaves, who would always waffle on at the end of every match about how Newcastle didn't deserve to be on top and his old club West Ham were the best team in the league.

I've even heard some pundits saying it's unfair that we've got a manger like Rafa in this league, it seems we'll only be accepted if have a shoestring budget and and some generic second tier duffer as a manager....well I'd rather win the league than be average to please a bunch failed players-turned-whiney-****-pundits.

Obi Wan likes this.
  8. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

The bottom line lads is we have more fans who generate more income which is then reinvested.... other clubs should concentrate on getting more fans into their half empty stadiums and also be ****ing thankful that we boost their whole local economy when we travel away and show them how to fill a stand at their own stadium.

Obi Wan likes this.
  9. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

I agree with the sentiment but the evil niggling Fredor on my right shoulder keeps whispering in my ear that there are double standards in that post. You say we can do what we want with our money within the rules then bemoan Sky for doing the same. The only difference is their virtual monopoly over the sporting press.

I don't know why, nut they just seem to employ a whole line of 'experts' that are anti-Newcastle. They're not breaking any rules, but it does paint a negatively biased view.

Not much we can really do about it because if you complain you're made to look worse than the twats who incited it in the first place.

10. Obi Wan

These <ok>

11. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Not too sure why anyone gets upset about what the "experts" say. I have a simple philosophy namely that if I don't rate the person then I don't care about his/her opinion regardless of the topic.

In specific relation to football there are very few pundits that I rate. I have probably watched more football games than most pundits have and am confident enough to believe I can even watch a football match without the need for them to tell me what I have just seen. They are supposed to give an expert insight on the game but invariably fail to even match the level of a post match pub discussion.

Trying to think of "todays" pundits and can't think of one who has given me any extra insight to a match that I have seen particularly one that I was actually at. The only one I have some time for is probably Gary Neville.

So, with all that in mind I couldn't care one iota what Prutton thinks or says because, as others have said, he hasn't done any homework first before spouting an opinion based on assumptions and prejudices.

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  12. Obi Wan

I would agree but I don't care as I don't rate your opinion. :) <ok>

13. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Who are you?

Obi Wan likes this.
  14. Obi Wan

The one who knocked you out of the prediction cup. The only properly managed competition on the forum - aside from CCs mafia games. <ok> :)

15. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Who is he? An opinionated cockwomble whose only claim to fame was getting a 10 match ban for shoving referee Alan Wiley during a Southampton game v Arsenal. He's like a third rate Joey Barton and was probably arse slammed by a catholic priest during childhood. The only plausible explanation for his bitterness towards us is that maybe the said catholic priest was a Geordie. Either that or we turned him down for being dogshit.

16. Obi Wan

I did no such thing. I want my lawyer.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  17. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

You been drinking mate? I'm actually still in the Prediction Cup. If you look carefully I've posted my predictions for the next round.

And "properly managed competition" ? You must be having a laugh. The so called Games Master has already openly admitted "fixing" the draw.

Plus you're obviously forgetting the Headline Game which is the only game on this site which reflects honesty and integrity.

:angel:

Obi Wan likes this.
  18. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Thanks, that was extremely helpful.

<laugh>

<cheers>

Obi Wan and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.