1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

David Mac Hits Nail Square on the Head

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Frome-Ranger, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

TBH Col I was preparing a lengthy response but it looks like people are getting a bit weary and it sure is tiresome wading through some of the nonsense and sniping on this board. The thing that really sums it all up for me at the moment is Flyers little list of hate figures (as seen below), I mean for god's sake the season hasn't even started yet! As far I'm concerned whoever takes to the field next Saturday gets my support, forget what happened last season, wipe the slate clean and give whoever pulls the hooped shirt on a chance.

Redknapp Out!
    Boswanka Out! - Done
    Zamora Out!
    Henry Out!
    Johnson Out!
    SWP Out!
    Barton Out!

2. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

No player of manager has ever got another contract after Ive wanted them gone which seems to suggest Im spot on.

Which of those do you want to give another contract?

Redknapp Out!
    Zamora Out! - 40-50k
    Henry Out! ~ 20k
    Johnson Out! - 40k
    SWP Out! 60k
    Barton Out! 70k

Every manager has been sacked within a year too which suggests Redknapp wont see out the season.

3. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

You may well be right but it just doesn't seem like a healthy place to be starting the season. Personally I'm far from convinced Harry is the right man for the job but I'm not going to be screaming for his head. I won't be dishing out new contracts yet but I think aside from Bosingwa all of the others will do a decent job in the NPC.

4. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I'll say this for you Flyer. You were the loudest of the voices pleading for good young players when NW was spending a fortune on some star names, and you were proved right...

...however, I do think Frome is right and you've turned to the dark side recently. Of your list, I want Redknapp to be given a chance this season, after he's had the pre-season transfer window to put things right. I liked what I saw of Henry, and he does seem to have a shot on him (unlike Faurlin who was lacking in that department), I thought AJ looked lively against Southend but we need more strikers to cover for any knocks he gets, SWP didn't look bad either at this level. If Harry gets him and Hoilett motivated, we may yet see the best of them

...but I do agree with you we want Barton out.

So I take a more optimistic view, especially if Redknapp can buy well over the next month, and I'm looking forward to the start of the season

5. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

That's an incredible post mate.
    Bosingwa didn't try.....game after game. He simply jogged back, right in front of me, time after time as the opposition broke away. If he had given it his all from the start the fans would have liked him. He didn't.............the fans hated him. Thank God he's gone!!

6. rangercol

I agree...........flyer is going a little over the top there.

7. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

not alone.

(but hate sticking head above parapet)

8. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

He was a prick right from the start, refusing to have photos taken or ignoring kids asking for autographs. He got off very lightly.

I find it incredible that people are trying to make out the fans are responsible for his lack of effort.

9. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

It's unfair to be calling the fans fickle or petty if they (we) perceive that the club is being mismanaged and is heading in the wrong direction.

I gave everyone a very long chance last season because I believed.

Now all I see is a team that's not ready; not even close to our probable first choice eleven and the systematic disposal of my favourite players - and I do afford myself the luxury of having those.

Mackie - gone - hardest worker here.
    Taarabt - probably going - the most skillful player here. Handled efficiently enough by both Warnock and Hughes to get his best our for spells at least.
    Faurlin - possibly going - the best of both (cultured and committed. "A great lad" says 'Arry. A low earner but apparently surplus.

We've shifted little of the high wages but are trimming the long serving players. We want the right kind of player but we don't consider for a second that, barring fans (DJ Campbell for example), the desire to wear and play for the shirt just might not be an instant process.

Instead we still have the high earning transients and this is meant to be progress.

As for Zamora, I personally think he offers a decent amount to the team (not necessarily goals) but can't complain at those that have issue with a man that less than a year ago decided that he didn't even like football!

10. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

This pose pretty much sums him up with his couldn't care less attitude.........

please log in to view this image

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    if I hadn't run out I would have given you some rep for sticking your head up

12. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I always thought the Bosingwa not trying thing was and is grossly over-cooked. However much he may have jogged, looked uninterested, he still repeatedly got both forward and contributed to many of our most dangerous attacks from that right side (not saying so much I agree) and got back and saved many goals at the back. He was doing a lot more in his laid back way then most. Of course he scrwed up a fair amount too, but overall there weren't many who played better than him last season. His style wasn't fan fanner Jamie Mackie,but he contributed more IMO. He was just another whipping boy, as so many before him, and no doubt to come - BZ maybe!

13. rangercol

I completely disagree, but will simply agree to differ mate.

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Looks like McIntyre's 143 characters will have spawned another 143,000 soon, thus proving his point.

15. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Not really, more words mean more people disagree.

16. rangercol

Still not sure what his point was tbh.

17. QPR Oslo

"QPR Panto Villain" = Whipping boy = Hughes - Bos - BZ next(?) as he says. I'd add Miccky Leach and Don Masson from the best team we ever had - they were continually abused by us fans at LR far more than I ever I have ever heard done today, yet these 2 are almost legends now.

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

That's my interpretation of it too Jock, and I was also going to refer back to the 70s, but on a different tack - maybe its just my memory playing tricks on me, but I can't recall anything like the level of vitriol directed at individual players that I hear at every game now. probably rose tinted glasses and all that, and I know Mickey Leach was not highly regarded, but always thought there was a kind of warmth for him.

19. QPR Oslo

My memory could well be playing tricks with me too, but I remember well not understanding why Mickey Leach and especially Don Masson got so much abuse - fans didn't like him because he was permanently sun-tanned back then!

20. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I remember Tony Sealy getting dreadful abuse in the eighties - even after he'd left the club! I was sat in SA road for an evening game when Bobby Hazell and Tony Sealy, who had both recently left the club, turned up to take their seats in the stand. They were greeted with a chorus of 'One Bobby Hazell....' followed by 'Sealy must go!, Sealy must go!'