1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

David Goodwille

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Lummiepie, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

The young Scotland forward that KM went to watch has completed a £2m plus add ons move to Blackburn.

Have we missed a trick by not selling Maynard for £5m and then returning to the market with what would look like an exceptable replacment available at a reasonable price?

If DG now performs in the Premiership KM will look a bit daft after admitting that he had gone to see him play and turning his nose up.

Again, I think KM decisions to talk about failed or disgaurded transfer targets in the press will not help us in the long term.

2. andyyandyy

andyyandyy Member

Goodwillie has the potential to be a top player but I think his off field actions let him down and we have had our fair share of those players like Lita and Orr.

I think John Fleck of Rangers would be a good young striker to go for but again he has a bad boy attitude as well.

I look at our suqad at the moment and we do have quite a large squad now that I am surprised that he hasn't had more pressure to sell players and maybe if he got rid of some then it would have freed up space for other players. Jordan Spence is a good player and wish we could have signed him full time but judging that Millen wants to play him as a right back we already have Ribs, Edwards and Carey (who I see as a centre half but Millen seems to play at right back). Looking at our defence we have many defenders but the standard is not good enough to take us up. Macca has done us a good job in recent years and wish he was 10 years younger but his age and fitness has been an issue and we should have replaced him with two new left backs but Millen has not so given he won't be fit for Saturday we will have to play someone out of position there.

3. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

carey only played right back due to injuries and just plain appallingness from a certain player i see carey as a bench warmer this season and hopely ribs and wilson shine otherwise at least one of em is off

4. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Surely Spence will start at right back.
    Is Goodwillie worth £2m given his off the field problems. Also it would be hard to compete with a Premiership club (not to mention wages)

5. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

he will be a flop like the rest of the scottish strikers glad we havent go him, plus maynard and pitman are better than him so were all good here

6. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

I was always uneasy when we were linked with him due to his troubles off the field. He must be on a serious amount of money too so I think this would have been a gamble which I think we could well do without - ala Saborio and Styvar...

7. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

To be fair he's not been found guilty of anything (or to be more accurate not enough evidence to proceed with prosecution).
    It's very different to the marlon king situation. He's shown exactly the type of person he is by walking out of Coventry after they gave him a chance.
    As Shiney said - with Maynard and Pitman, plus Stead, Taylor etc we are good to go!!