1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Darren Robinson...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HHH, Nov 15, 2011.

1. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I didn't cast any aspersions about the man. I said any moron could write that stuff "Superior in Skill, Invincible in Attitude". I didn't say he was a moron. I simply mean that because he puts it on his website it doesn't mean it's true.

You really should improve the quality of your comprehension before you attempt to disagree with me.

2. petersaxton

Try another thread about the likelihood of Michael Turner leaving Sunderland for Hull City. I think that said a lot about your level of understanding.

3. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

i have the same problem BigFat. best to ignore it and hope its goes away mate. lol.

4. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

who are you to say that wont happen one day. but thanks for reminding me of it. i shall file that in pending. dohrrrr

5. petersaxton

What is important in football is economics. We can see that with the Nigel Pearson return to Leicester City. On the whole the bigger clubs will stay big because of the size of their grounds. Other clubs may get money pumped in by investors. Hull City will only do well long term by having a bigger stadium. I think the Allams are doing ok but they have the advantage of Adam Pearson. Duffen nearly broke the club. Brown did well for a while but steady progress such as NP's is the way to go. Hopefully NB will do the same.

I know some people will disagree but I would think the only way for us to progress if somebody wants to invest in the club is to increase the capacity greatly. A bigger stadium means that we can get a lot more money coming in and when the club is doing well on the field we can take advantage of the increased interest. When we were doing well in the Premier League we simply were not getting the extra money through tickets, catering, merchandise and hospitality. We had to spend all the TV money simply to compete with the other clubs. We spent money on salaries but it wasn't sustainable.

I was at Boothferry Park in the 60s with 30,000+ regularly. I think we could do better if we had a much bigger capacity and cheap prices. You make up for it on merchandise, catering and hospitality. A big crowd attracts players. We need to have everything in place the next time we go up. Pulis has done well at Stoke but they have to pay the wages for the spine of the team.

6. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

He could have got a better quote than the one about Albert Einstein riding a bike on his site or whatever it was. At least he is a Hull lad

7. Timatkirkwall

Timatkirkwall Member

I could be wrong, but I think I went to school with him. It is possible that two Darren Robinsons could have come from Hull, but I seem to recall him being quite good at football and possibly was in a group of boys in our year who went training with City. Does anyone know if he went to Wolfreton School?

8. petersaxton

It does seem as if Barmby knows him. It's good that he comes from Hull. As I'm sure the vast majority of people will understand - I was criticising his website not him.

i was hoping Nick would bring back Brian Horton as assistant manager but given that he has followed Phil Brown to Preston I would think he'd be taking a risk coming back to City right now.