1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Danny Ings

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

We are linked with a move for him by the times.
    He'd be a good addition.
    The end for Mitro maybe?

https://thisisfutbol.com/2017/10/blogs/premier-league/newcastle-tabled-ings-offer/

Newcastle United made a summer swoop for Liverpool forward Danny Ings, according to the Times.

The newspaper claim in an interview with the one-time England international that he had loan offers in August from a number of clubs, including Newcastle and Bournemouth.

Ings, 25, rejected opportunities to leave Anfield, but has subsequently made just one senior appearance – as a second-half substitute in the League Cup – for Jurgen Klopp’s side this season.

Good move for Newcastle?

Yes, definitely. Ings has an impressive scoring record and was one of the most in-demand strikers in the country before quitting Burnley, where he scored 43 times in 130 matches. His Liverpool career has not got going due to injury and horrible luck but he is still young enough and, crucially, good enough to make a big impact in the Premier League. Joining Newcastle in January would enable him to play regularly and rediscover his mojo. He would be an upgrade on the current striker options available to Rafael Benitez such as Joseulu, Dwight Gayle and Aleksandar Mitrovic. It is a move that could suit both parties to a tee.

This Is Futbol rating: 8/10

Likely to happen?

Ings is contracted to Liverpool until 2020 and it has been reported that he could be allowed to leave on loan in January in order to build up his fitness and play first-team football. He is behind Roberto Firmino, Daniel Sturridge and Dominic Solanke in the striker pecking order at Anfield but Newcastle would need to fight off considerable competition to persuade Ings, as well as negotiating a deal that suits Liverpool. The Daily Star report that Ings’ current deal is worth £60,000-a-week, and the Yorkshire giants would need to pay a significant portion of his wages to make it happen.

2. KazakhToon

KazakhToon Well-Known Member

Apparently there are giants in Yorkshire, who knew?

3. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

And apparently they're gonna pay Ings's wages if we take him on loan, this could be a very good deal for us!!!

4. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Newcastle a part of God’s country? They bloody wish <laugh>

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

There are indeed.
    They live in caves on Ilkley Moor.

6. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Without hats!

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Nah - no-one wants Ings.

8. Blacker-than-Knight

WTF has Yorkshire got to do with Liverpool, it is in Merseyside and prior to that was part of Lancashire, as for Ings do we really need another crock.

9. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

He wouldn’t be ahead of Gayle or Mitro for me. We need someone who will bang in double figure goals. We presently do not have that!

Flash likes this.
  10. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Our next striker signing needs to be someone on the up. I discussed this with a mate and I said the risk was too great. His response was Demba Ba and Davide Santon's knee were supposedly buggered but they played plenty of games. We couldn't agree because I view the situations entirely differently.

Demba Ba for instance came with a little risk attached due to the Stoke medical. However he had scored goals regularly in Germany and at West Ham at a good ratio goals to games. He was playing regular football, its just medicals suggested his knee wasn't up to it.

The risk with Ings is entirely different. He has broke down regularly at both Burnley and Liverpool with knee issues in either knee. His recent history is not good at all in terms of playing. If he was fit and had been fit over a period of time, playing regular, then you'd say fair enough. As Liverpool did. Unfortunately though he hasn't been for sometime.

I think we are better off looking around the lower leagues and European leagues. Find someone banging them in on a regular basis and take a chance. I'd be wary of Holland and Belgium for obvious reasons but some of the others are worth a punt.

11. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

He was a risk when he was initially signed by Liverpool - in fact he scored less goals for Burnley then Carl Cort did for Wimbledon in the season they got relegated.

Now he has played about 5 games in 2 seasons.

To me a complete non-starter! In fact would rather take a risk on Ivan Toney.

RobEllious likes this.
  12. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

When the rumours of Ings were flying about I couldn't think of anything worse. Aside from the fact he's overrated, he seems to believe his own hype. Apparently he'd have had a lot of regrets if he left Liverpool in the summer.
    What's up? Worried the physios were guna miss ya?

Flash likes this.
  13. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I'm optimistic we can find something better and more unheard of now we've seen great success with Merino. I read an article citing the top 20 players across the main leagues in Europe and our lad was 16th! I hadn't heard of half of the rest so I don't think there's a shortage of talent (Malcom of Bordeaux was 1st, ahead of Mbappe), I just hope Rafa's able to do better than he did with Murphy...

14. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Id rather we went for some unknown than Ings.

South America must have a few hidden gems who could be snapped up on the cheap if our scouting budget would stretch that far.

RobEllious likes this.
  15. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Agreed but I think chelsea, Barca and Donetsk have got Brazil amd Argentina on lockdown. Amazed with the success of Chile and Ecuador that teams aren't all over that mind. Maybe Rafa sees issues with the mentality over there?
    We've got a scouting team that equates to less than half of the 'big boys'. I guess, logically, you would have them working their way through areas of Europe. On averages, it's more likely they will be able to adapt to the physicality of the prem.
    Hopefully we get our targets sorted with enough time spare to send the scouts on a "lads on tour" mission across South America.

16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Maxi Gómez
    Cédric Bakambu
    Antonio Sanabria
    Mariano
    Malcom

Just a few names currently doing ok in Ligue 1 and La Liga. I've seen snippets of them all and they all look decent. Not sure whether we would interest them? However we should be looking to the South American teams too. The likes of Malcom, Sanabria, Gomez were all picked up as young players from the likes of Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay. I can't imagine they paid small fortunes. Its about getting in there early and having the relevant scouting network/contacts. I'm sure Benitez understands that and has something similar.