1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Danny Drinkwater

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Rightsideoverhere, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Rightsideoverhere

Rightsideoverhere Well-Known Member

Getting back to the player who bossed the Championship 2013-2014, for me been mom both games this season and together with King look a good partnership developing.
    I did predict he'd come good as I think he's one of those players that needs to 'acclimatise'. He was slow to start off when he first joined us and was superb the season after - fingers crossed this continues,

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I fairness to Danny he started last season with an injury and once he did get back from it we had signed Esteban Cambiasso who took over his role in the team. I always had faith in Danny regaining his form and so far he has been brilliant. With Kante already signed and Inler set to sign our midfield is complete with Hammond backing it up and Matty James still to return,

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I dont think Kante or Inler would be let in the starting 11 atm, not until we had a few poor games.

King started this well last season if i remember but went a bit off the boil, losing his place to James eventually.

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Yeah, can see king being replaced when we lose a game but can't drop them atm - knowing they are waiting in the wings is causing them to play like this

5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Is Andy King the only premier league player to have his name on the front and back of his shirt? I can't think of many players named Emirates, but never say never.

6. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Fantastisch Herr Fuchs Well-Known Member

Same as Ian Walker for us back in the day. Both can also claim to have their name on the stadium they play in!

7. Rightsideoverhere

Rightsideoverhere Well-Known Member

Man of match again for me

8. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He looked quality yesterday again.....quite the opposite at Bournemouth as he was dog ****e lol

9. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

He looked a lot better when Inler went off, I'm not convinced they play well together in a 2. For me, Kante's the only certain starter in the midfield, but Drinkwater's the best option alongside him. I also feel if we want to play more defensively then Drinkwater could work in the number 10 role in a 4-2-3-1, a bit like where Fabregas plays for Chelsea. That said, I think yesterday was probably Drinkwater's best defensive performance for a long time. Was a joy to watch him controlling the midfield in the second half, very like his first half performance against Sunderland.

10. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I actually think Inler made him look better before he was taken off.

This may also have been down to the formation shuffle, as we were playing both Inler and DD deep before the change and DD was able to get forward more.

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... though Drinwater had an excellent game ... but a measure of how far we have come is to be able to bring on Nathan Dyer, Kante and Ulloa ...

I love Kante - think he is going to be an awesome signing ... we will inevitably suffer a downturn in form and lose of course ... but with the strength of characters like Wes, Huth, Inler, Kante, Okazaki and Vards you just know that we won't take losing lightly and will come back fighting ... great time to be a Leicester City fan ...

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  12. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Agreed, plus having players like these who will keep trying even when the team is losing is a positive for fans. You only have to look at clubs like Newcastle and Sunderland where the fans and the players are disconnected, and they walk out when it's not going well. It's obviously all well and good to be saying this when we're winning and scoring plenty of goals, but you feel the fans are still going to appreciate our players when it inevitably does start to go badly.

13. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

When you say ' when it inevitably does start to go badly', as long as the fans can see the players giving their all then we'll stomach the odd bad result. There's no shame in being beaten by a better team (only Man City qualify at the moment!) or by another team of similar standing playing better than us, just as long as our attitude and effort are good. The current squad have set the level of the bar for themselves very high. They just need to maintain their standards and not get knocked back by the first defeat.

At the moment it will be a real disappointment when that first defeat does arrive after our fantastic run of results, and it would be a real anti-climax if it came against Stoke.

14. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Yes, I didn't mean that in a negative way, but we have to accept we're going to lose a fair few games this season!

15. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't tell Gangsta that!!