1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Damien Reeve - possible target?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by BSG, Jul 17, 2012.

1. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

Didn't Allen say a very similar thing a few days before getting the job?

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Yeah, Scally obviously tells people what to say so then it is a surprise when they join even though it won't be if he joins now.

3. throwoff

throwoff Member

I think all clubs do mate, difference with us is that Sky journos and pappz from the tabloids dont camp out at training grounds spotting the comings and goings. That is why normally premier league deals seem quite open whereas ours have an air of secrecy all the time, I think if we were in the Championship and the press took more notice we would probably already know about a few deals!

4. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

He did but offically he got the call the day before he started so it was the truth

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

brb I think HOADIE's been paying too much attention to what FIFA12 says where Tomlin and Ashley Miller can play as to real life. Hoadie its listed Jackman as a leftback for the past 3 years so i wouldnt read into it too much ;)

I personally think that Reeves would be the ideal competition for Kedwell rather than Birchall although I think that maybe Kedwell & Birchall could have a better partnership together. However Reeves is definitely the type of player we need, quicker than Kedwell, bigger than Birchall and can score loads of goals. Surely win, win, win?

6. HOADIE_BOI

I don't play Fifa anymore really and I know Jackman is not a left back and by the way if I remember right the game listed Jackman as a central midfielder this season which is totally wrong as he is a left sided midfielder who is versatile.
    Tomlin is a right winger and Miller is aswell but Miller can play both sides.

7. The Gills PegLeg

Well it actually started him off as a left back and it changed in January when EA updated the squads and he was put as a CDM then. Anyway thats enough irrelevant talk on this thread

8. HOADIE_BOI

OK you were on one who started talking about it.:emoticon-0103-cool:

9. gfc1234

gfc1234 Member

Reeves is playing for Gillingham against Dartford on Saturday after travelling down to Kent on Tuesday!

10. HOADIE_BOI

Where did you see that.
    Updated I see it on twitter KSN, sounds good, hope he gets a contract, just hope for his sake he does well.

11. gfc1234

gfc1234 Member

12. HOADIE_BOI

Brilliant as that is better than KSN, hope he does sign for us and another club don't sign him before us.

13. gfc1234

gfc1234 Member

Anything is better than Kent Sports News, especially when its from an official website!

14. The Gills PegLeg

That sounds very promising then. Will allow Mad Dog to get a better look of how he will play with professional footballers, if he will fit into the squad and be a worthy signing. Lets hope he does well then!

15. brb

brb Guest

Hoadie - there is no polite way of saying this but I will be open and honest, I sometimes wonder why I bother asking you questions, because it is clearly evident after our recent conversation, that you don't really know the answers. My memory is poor probably due to my age but yours is just absolutely shocking. I don't play any type of virtual game but seriously believe this is what you are basing your comments on. I'm not attempting to be rude, just saying what I really and truly think. Let me make it clear though, whether you go to games or not is irrelevant, just be a little more honest and if you don't know, then don't pretend to know just to fit in to a conversation.

16. brb

brb Guest

gfc1234 - excellent find on the article <ok> We need more of this stuff on here, rather than KSN who bear no relation to KOS

17. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

Good to hear gfc1234. Hopefully we'll have him tied down before then...who was the striker we were going to bring down on trial but he did his knee in?

18. HOADIE_BOI

I used to go and see the youth team matches and I remember when Ashley Miller was in that team he played right wing most of the time, that is what I based by answer on, yes he can play left wing and upfront but that is his real position.

19. HOADIE_BOI

Sam Newson I think his name was, he played for Needham Market well still does.

20. brb

brb Guest

Where did any of these comments mention the youth team? You obviously never went to the league games he played in, which is why the confusion exists!