1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Damien Reeve - possible target?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by BSG, Jul 17, 2012.

1. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

If we sign Reeves, then I expect him and Birchall to be the first choice strikers. Even if we don't get him, I would suggest that MA is looking for a partner for Birchall and it wouldn't even surprise me to see us open to offers for Keds. I just don't think that Kedwell is the type of striker that Martin is keen on, with the type of football it seems he wants to play, i.e. controlling the midfield and quick breaks from two nimble forwards, and unfortunately for Kedwell,he's not that type.

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

No I see what you mean, every single player is going to have to earn a place, none are given to them, defiantly under a new manager, he will have different ideas of who plays and probably a new formation, will just have to see, if Keds does well in pre season he will probably start first game. I am hoping with a new manager Kedwell may play better as MA may want him to go out there and put more at goal as there has been a lot of games where Keds don't even shoot he just passes the ball, when he does shoot he can be very successful.

3. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

I know what you mean Hoadie. Lots of times last season Keds could have had a crack himself, but opted to pass. That to me is the sign of a striker who is not confident in his own ability to score. Maybe some coaching will get him to score more but I doubt he'll get much time to prove himself.

4. Lenny38

Lenny38 Member

Kedwell is not good enough, never has been, never will be, he should be sold, hes non league standard in my opinion. He works hard but ultimately hes ineffective, Reeves sounds like a decent prospect.

5. brb

brb Guest

Obviously I currently have no way of verifying Damian Reeves account but I have just received the following response to a question I put to him.

I noted several posters had asked if he had been contacted by the Gills, obviously with responses and understandably of denying contact, therefore...

brb_GFC ‏@brb_gfc
    @DamianReeves85 putting the question slightly differently...would you like to join us?

5m Damian Reeves ‏@DamianReeves85
    @brb_gfc if the opportunity was put to me then I think it would be a great opportunity for myself

6. HOADIE_BOI

I think that sounds good, if he is in talks he will not give anything away as Scally would have told him to keep quiet as that is the procedure.

7. throwoff

throwoff Member

Still waiting on the press conference though!

maybe I have been misled.

8. HOADIE_BOI

Just watched the video, he does look really good with the ball, his control is good, pace is good and his first touch is even better, he seems the type to shoot with 2 touches of the ball.

9. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

The video that brb posted shows how good his touch is with the ball but really reminds me of the video that was posted about Kedwell at this point last year, I just don't think he seems as pacey as you say Hoadie. Don't get me wrong though, his control looks pretty good and he certainly has confidence in his ability to strike so I would definitely sign him up. But I don't think this means Kedwell is leaving, £120k for one season? Nope.

10. HOADIE_BOI

Why would Kedwell leave?

11. gillslad69

gillslad69 Member

The post further up about being open to offers on Kedwell. If we're going to get promoted this season we'll have to ensure a decent rotation and having four strikers (if this signing happens) should help keep goals flowing.

12. Bernadettec

Bernadettec Member

I am hoping this is just forum banter and he doesn't leave

13. HOADIE_BOI

He won't be leaving as we just want to make sure we have more options, we are short upfront at the moment and I think we should sign Reeves and another striker or a left winger, we have Miller who can play right hand side or upfront so that will give us a good amount of options going forward.

14. brb

brb Guest

Ok, my memory must be getting bad, I thought Miller played on the left or I certainly thought so in the few games I saw him?

15. HOADIE_BOI

He is versatile, he is a right sided winger/ striker but I am sure he played on the left because of Tomlin being in the team as Tomlin is right sided and would not have suited the left.

16. TheBatchinator

I agree BRB, from what I know MIller's main asset is his blistering pace on the wings, surely on the wing is where he is best suited not up front?

17. brb

brb Guest

I thought Tomlin didn't play when Miller played against Crewe and Barnet?

18. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

5m Damian Reeves ‏@DamianReeves85
    @brb_gfc if the opportunity was put to me then I think it would be a great opportunity for myself

Meaning nothing has been put on the table yet then...

19. TheBatchinator

What happened to this supposed press conference today???

20. brb

brb Guest

That's a good point where is 'throwoff' ? - <laugh><ok>

ps. he explained the error of his ways at #47