1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Damien Reeve - possible target?

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by BSG, Jul 17, 2012.

1. throwoff

throwoff Member

Not sure, afternoon I would guess.

2. throwoff

throwoff Member

3. brb

brb Guest

throwoff I'm going to merge this in with the Damian Reeves thread, the topic is getting split.

I'm starting to pay some interest in this one, having done a little research, I could not see him mentioned in the team that played a friendly against a 'strong' Morecambe side last night. It appears they had a couple of new lads up front. Means nothing in regards to us but resting your best striker in a tough test. Erm...

[video=youtube;xxNIpxp2tMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxNIpxp2tMc&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

4. gfclukey

gfclukey Member

Good signing if we get him, really give's us another option. If you look at the past two seasons we haven't ever really had a plan b in attack. In the blue and black season all we had was Bayo and Cody, last year it was Kedwell and......oh. If this year we have Kedwell, Birch, Miller and Reeves. If we get Reeves, hats off to Martin Allen, well done sir!

5. brb

brb Guest

This one is generating some pace on twitter, the player has an account, just go to people I follow and you will see him.

6. TheBatchinator

Good bit of business if this comes to fruition. By the looks of it he has attracted a lot of interest and it's great to see we are apparently winning the race for his signature despite interest from clubs higher up the pyramid.

7. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I hope this happens would be great news, this is the sort of striker I wanted, the one which is a prospect to excite and could turn into a top player at this level, yeah bit of a risk but a good choice I think.

8. brb

brb Guest

Hoadie - you said you would like him as 'back up'

9. TheBatchinator

If we sign him I expect him to be pushing for a starting place! We wouldn't sign a striker like him to bench warm especially when we have just one striker who we fully know what we will get from... Birchall will inevitably take a while to get going.

10. milo219

milo219 Member

Someone on twitter has asked him and he has replied he cant comment.

11. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

brb just accept the Hoadie changes his opinion almost asmany times as he blinks... if you keep trying to pick him up on everytime he does it you won''t get out of the house at all!

12. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah he would start as a back up but then that is because he has to prove he is worth the first team place, really that will be the same for Birchall as he starts in the same position, going to be very interesting.
    What I am saying he can be a top player but Birchall could also and if Kedwell gives us his best then we will have a brilliant season as I can tell you Kedwell could give a lot more in terms of goals, work rate well I can't fault him on that.

13. HOADIE_BOI

In Gillingham terms that means he is either signed or he is in talks as he would not be able to say anything, anyone who is actually talking to a club says that because if it was not true and there had been no contact he would say no it is untrue, yes that sounds brilliant.

14. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

is this press conference confirmed then ???....if so it could be anything regards players coming in, gazza or payne going out or a new stadium plan <yikes>

any news on this new keeper coach yet ?

15. brb

brb Guest

Sorry Hoadie but I disagree, Birchall was not originally bought as 'back up' which is completely different to what you suggest in regards to Reeves.

16. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I know Birchall is not a back up but it should be a fight between them 2 to play this season as I can't see us playing 3 upfront, well I hope not, anyway we will have to wait and see.

17. TheBatchinator

Kent Sports News replied to me on Twitter and seem to think that it's no more than an option at the moment but they think nothing will happen until Payne or Gazzaniga depart. I'm not saying they're the most reliable source but they still know more than us. Personally, if there is a press conference today I don't think it will be revealing Reeves but maybe a few others. Think this Reeves deal isn't really near completion and by the sounds of what he says on Twitter, he is considering options from a few clubs...

18. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

sorry hoadie, you speak as if kedwell is guaranteed a start place this season, i thought the only reason he played so much and was our top scorer last season was because we had no other striker who was fit enough or with us long enough.

don't rate him that highly and he could find himself under pressure from the beginning of the season unless he starts putting that ball away in open play !

19. HOADIE_BOI

I think he will prove himself, I have a lot of faith in him, I think he knows that he needs to get the goals and with a strike partner next to him all season I think he will do better. Keds is that type of player who does better with the same partner all throughout the season.

20. TheBatchinator

Kedwell is a very useful player but does need to score more goals next season because the fact is a lot of his goals last season were penalties and only scored about 7-9 from open play which isn't good enough for a team who targets promotion. I do believe he will improve but my point is that none of our strikers have a divine right to start.