1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Thread - Thursday November 3rd

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by ROTO, Nov 2, 2011.

1. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

One I fancy a lot tomorrow is 3.20 Towcester There and Then 5/1 and I think he could make an absoulte mockery of a mark of 117 on his handicap debut. There and Then was last seen in May as he finished 1.25L behind The Strawberyy One off level weights here at the course over 19f. The Strawberry One finished 1L 2nd off a mark of 125 on his next start and a Shd 2nd off a mark of 131 in Class 2 races and is now rated 135. Tomorrows race is a Class 4 event and on that evidence There and Then could be thrown in off a mark of 117. Further to this, There and Then has the only real form at Towcester which is a big advantage. Only two of his rivals have had experience here: Causing Chaos who was pulled up on his only start and Heir To Be who finished a distance behind on one start and a 9.25L 3rd on the other. A step up in trip looks sure to suit and with trainer Seamus Mullins in fine form at present I think the 5/1 on offer is huge and I've had a quite a decent bet on as I am very confident.

2. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Hi folks. Not often I punt midweek but surely Twinlight from the Mullins yard wins tomorrow. Not seen any prices up for it yet mind.

3. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Hi ROTO, best of luck.

I have that race between There And Then and Causing Chaos, who had a couple of 110-115 rated sorts behind him when 2nd on debut, and the front two that day were well clear of the rest. Off a mark of 110, I should think it would be disappointing if NTD couldn't get a couple of wins out of him, possibly up to a mark of 120-125.

Might play a small amount on the forecast. Both of them are prominent racers and if fully wound up, can see them setting a good tempo to see off the rest of the field.

4. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

I'd keep an eye out for a potential gamble on 1.40 Southwell Percythepinto 20/1 tomorrow. Looked a non trier LTO and is now rated 57. Has some decent form over 5f on his 2nd start was 3.5L behind Mitie Mouse who is now a 75 rated animal who I like a fair bit and 2L behind Lupo D'oro who is a progressive and consistent animal now rated 78.Theres been a few bad runs in the interim period but if getting back to that form and taking to the fibresand he is definitely interesting. Throw in its George Baker's good form at present, his only runner at Southwell, a track where he has a 14% strike rate which is improved to 19% with 2 YOs and this is his first 2 YO runner at the track this year and I think we could be in gamble country. If money comes I'll be on

5. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Showing up at 5/2 on the Betfair exchange at present, although thats for £5. Will shorten to 2.2/1 after that but is tempting, given the look of the opposition.

6. Ardent1965

Ardent1965 Well-Known Member

APPRAISE SELECTIONS 03/11/2011

2.00 Musselburgh – Ballycolin – 4pts win
    7.00 Wolverhampton - Evens and Odds – 4pts win

7. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Its a shame that La Estrella isn't the forecast price from the RP, the bookmakers once again showing that they are shrewd. The price is right for the horse, for whom the saying "horses for courses" is amazingly apt. Therefore I can't back it today.

However, this intrepid Bus traveller isn't put off and instead of La Estrella I will put forward Elusive Warrior as an EW nap. The old boy is another "horses for courses" type and his recent form shows that he is no forlorn hope here. Add in that he gets an important low draw and his main rivals on the formbook may have to swing very wide on the turns and I therefore think he is the one to be with. Its just a shame Nora is on.

8. Expert Witness

ROTO, Percythepinto now into 4s n 5s in places!! Good spot!!

9. the don

the don Well-Known Member

Thats some gamble. Good spot Roto. Got a small e/w on at 20s.... that said ive got a truely terrible record with horses backed off the boards after ive got my money on!!

10. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

all at Muss

Fat Northern Jockeys day out

i know i know they think they are always going to win but today my friends !!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????

EW L15 on these of James

Bow Badger 13/2 (PP @ 10.30am)
    D'Gigi 7/2
    Maggio 9/2
    Reasonable Forsce 9/2

Win Golden Future 7/2

EW Hunting for Treasure 25/1 (James on For Kirby usually a good sign that the horse is going well and has a chance, Kirby uses the reveley gallops)

Bob Will (oh yes he Will) 9/2 11am been told "No he wont"

Stay Frosty

11. beeforsalmon

beeforsalmon Well-Known Member

Twinlight is available at 9-4. Should be too classy for this lot over soft ground and is actually a better price than I expected him to be. Getting a nice allowance being a 4 year old in the field.

Thurles 14.25 Twinlight 9-4 NAP

12. Zenyatta

Zenyatta Active Member

Ruby's five day ban has been upheld today. Sure to be some fall-out. I doubt he is going to be particularly pleased himself.

13. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Nice little listed chase at Thurles today, and it would be nice to see Cooldine get his head in front again. Seems amazing that he hasn't won a race since his RSA victory, maybe more weight to the argument that the RSA can finish horses? Having said that, this is his first time outside Grade 1 company since the RSA so maybe they realise he's not quite top notch?

Hopefully Mount Benbulben can get his season back on track later on in the card - assuming Carberry has his eyes open and hasn't had any "dutch courage" for breakfast the very short odds should be landed.

14. ROTO

ROTO Well-Known Member

Had a lecture at 8.30 this morning so I missed everything. God dammit!

15. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Afternoon all

bit boring from me today but really fancy the first two favs at THURLES this afternoon. Backed both at 9/4 BOG

RISING TIME runs in the 1.25 and looked a top prospect when winning a class 1 bumper at Fairyhouse on debut. She got the better of a highly regarded horse from the Tizzard yard that day (Theatre Guide) and is an interesting recruit to hurdling. Her main rival looks to be Back in a tic but she has an overall rating of 106 and I will be disappointed if Rising Time is not lots better than that.

COOLDINE is a horse I have always liked and i really fancy him to get back to winning ways in the 1.55. He has been disappointing since his facile RSA win in March 2009 but he has had a breathing operation during the break and the market suggests he is ready to strike first time out. He is 4/4 at Thurles and hopefully he can get another win here this afternoon.

16. rainbowview

Have also had a dabble on DON LIBRE in the opener at Southwell.Paul Cole capable of getting on ready first time out if good enough and 16-1 seems a fair price as I don't feel this is a good maiden. Nice enough pedigree and backed E.W (7 runner race I know) but if he has a little bit of ability fancy him to run at least 2nd behind the odds on fav

17. rainbowview

Ahhhh very green 3rd. Just missed out on the place behind the fav

18. yorkies_boy

yorkies_boy Member

RV, is there a problem with GG.com this morning, no forum comments since early hours. Just checking its not me/my PC

19. rainbowview

Yorkies must be the site mate couldn't get on to the forum section earlier on <ok>

20. yorkies_boy

yorkies_boy Member

Cheers mate <ok>