1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

D S arrives.

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Sep 21, 2020.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb and gioblues like this.
  2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

The full interview.

brb and gioblues like this.
  3. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

That is a quality signing.
    Well done Scally and Evans on this one

grumpygit, alwaysright and brb like this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

His goals

alwaysright and brb like this.
  5. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

sorry grumpygit - I got excited ! -- brb - please use your toilet paper to clean up my mess

grumpygit and brb like this.
  6. alwaysright

I am a little bemused why the length of the deal has not - yet - been disclosed..... and, as for money - I expect that Scally's gone ''all in.''

7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I would guess that DS along with a few of our other signings see us as a shop window to the Championship.

8. alwaysright

I haven't got a problem with that ....... nor, I suspect , has Mr.Scally - but it would be nice if Evans can deliver that wish for them ---- and the fans.

grumpygit likes this.
  9. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

When we win the league this year, they might even decide to stay. <whistle>

10. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

11. alwaysright

An interesting read - apart from '' unable to convert neither ''! - what sort of grammar is that ?

I will give Samuel my support - and hope he can replicate the form during his loan spell at Priestfield. ..... I will admit that, when I saw his photograph in the Official site, I thought that he looked a bit 'heavy' ---- but who hasn't put on a couple of pounds during lockdown ?

grumpygit likes this.
  12. alwaysright

grumpygit - can GFC afford to get promoted ? I know that previously, we have briefly discussed the question in this forum - but - I believe that the question may be in sharper focus for 2021 / 22 season.......

..... At the moment ( and probably for longer than fans may expect ), fans are prevented from attending matches, and paying an admission fee ----- a fee on which clubs like Gillingham heavily rely on for income......... We are not going to get any of that for some time ?? .

If we do get a continuation of a rise in the infection rate of Coronavirus, who is to say that it won't affect fans being permitted into stadiums ( in unrestricted numbers ), into next season. In the Championship, Gills would struggle to compete, financially, with sellout crowds - let alone 25% or 0% of fans......don't get me wrong, I still want our players to give 100% effort - and try to win every game - and achieve promotion -- but-- in these fraught economic times, for this season, I would be happy with a 7th** place finish and a 3rd round FA Cup tie that was televised live.

** I couldn't bear to be in the Play-offs and not be allowed inside Wembley - I'd rather hang myself from its' Arch !

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    grumpygit likes this.
  13. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Wouldn't a 7th place finish mean you are in a playoff place?

14. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Incredibly pleased with this signing. Back in January Steve Evans made a comment about both John Akinde & Dominic Samuel both being players with wages too high for us to afford. Fast forward 9 months and both are contracted to the club.

Excellent work by Mr Scally, Steve Evans and everyone else to get this across the line. He was due to sign with Rotherham United in the Championship a couple of weeks ago but they pulled out when they made another signing, so their loss is very much our gain. Also replacing Brandon Hanlan with Samuel is like replacing a bottle of white lightning with a bottle of champagne. <cheers>

brb and grumpygit like this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

Makes me wonder if because Mr Scally has rightly been tight with the budget, if any financial help from the EFL has come through. I hasten to add, I'm very pleased about the signings, but at the same time, I really do want our Chairman to be scrouge, choices made, I'd rather be relegated than go bust. Anyway, well done Mr Chairman, Mr Evans and everyone else at GFC, this has been difficult times, even if at times as supporters we can be critical. If you get us promoted this season, that really would be a miracle of fantastic proportions....I can dream.

alwaysright likes this.
  16. alwaysright

... and just like Hereford (5-4) - -you won't be at Priestfield to witness it......... I make no apology for teasing ---- it's my response for you comparing me with a linesman ( Dominic Samuel signs etc )

brb likes this.