1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

D-Day: Hull City transfer deadline thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Sir Cheshire Ben•, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

Send me the cash - I'll place the bet for you ;)

2. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

And of course as they look enviously at us perched in the upper half of the league table, who will all these thousands of Geordies want as a replacement manager.....

3. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Save your money - he's ineligible

4. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

Just put Hernandez and Ben Arfa in my Fantasy team for Adam Johnson and Danny Ings. Both cheaper too.

5. Cityswall

Cityswall Well-Known Member

Can you see SB wanting to work for Ashley over Allam bearing in mind that Allam lets him get on with it with no interruptions compared to Ashley's apparent constant interference.

6. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

What a day it was yesterday. I'm telling you, kleenex sales in Hull must have gone through the roof. First the celebrity nude photo leaks and then the club serve us up that deadline day.

Here's what we want Brucie...

A striker, preferably with a bit of pace, so as to complement what we already have.....tick

A strong and powerful unit that can boss the midfield.....tick

Someone with the flair, vision and technique to make things happen in the final third.....tick and tick

Cherish these moment lads.

7. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

Diame to repay Bruce's faith...
    http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/1415-diame-signing-interview-1893196.aspx

Following his arrival at Hull City on transfer deadline day, Mohamed Diame is keen to repay the faith manager Steve Bruce has shown in him.

Diame joined the Tigers from West Ham United, penning a three-year deal, and he can’t wait to get started with his new club once he returns from international duty with Senegal.

“I’m very excited to be here and I have been waiting for this moment to sign,” said Diame when speaking to the Official Website.

“Speaking to the owners, the manager and everybody at the club, I am very happy to be here.

“I want to thank the manager and the owners for showing belief in me and now I will make sure I repay that faith on the pitch.

“I have to go away to play for Senegal, but I am looking forward to returning here next week to get started.

“It’s a new challenge for me and one that I am looking forward to. I want to play football and Hull City do it very well.

“I know that after playing against this team last season. Even in the game when they had ten men, they played really well.

“I’m just looking forward to getting started.”

Diame has fond memories of the KC Stadium having bagged his first goals in English football when playing for Wigan Athletic in their 3-2 FA Cup win over the Tigers in January 2011.

The 27-year-old is now looking for more special moments at his new home.

“I do remember that!” added Diame.

“But now I hope to score for Hull City at the KC Stadium!”

8. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Do you really think, whether he's Geordie or not, that Brucey would voluntarily leave the situation that he has here, especially after what happened when he moved from Wigan to Sunlan, and could you really see him gelling with the twat that is Mike Ashley?

9. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

I realised that about 10 mins after I posted it :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Maybe I was thinking ahead to next season when we get him on a free

10. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

I don't want to sound all soppy but It still hasn't sunk in who we've signed. It's quite ****ing amazing.

11. Cityswall

It is and you are not the only one.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea now have 26 players out on loan, which is ridiculous...

please log in to view this image

13. Warwicktiger

Warwicktiger Active Member

may be there should be a restriction of the same numbr of loan outs as loan ins?

14. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Yep...Its still not sunk in what happened on Deadline Day. Brucie is a bloody genius.

15. Cityswall

Thus proving they are just stockpiling to see what floats to the top.

16. Quill

Quill Bastard

Out of that list of loans, Thorgan Hazard is the one to watch. Just as good as his brother.

17. Quill

Quill Bastard

It's late, but we finally have picture of Ramirez in a City shirt.

please log in to view this image

Article off the website:

Gaston Ramirez wants to show the fans what he is capable of after joining Hull City on loan from Southampton.

Ramirez will spend the rest of the 2014/15 season with the Tigers after completing a move on deadline day and the Uruguayan attacking midfielder is keen to hit the ground running in a black and amber shirt.

“I’m so happy to be here and I’m eager to get started,” Ramirez told the Official Website.

“I want to show the Hull City fans what I can do. It was a quick decision to sign here once I knew the club were interested. Many people have told me about this area and what a lovely place it is. Also, I know this team is like a family.

“It can sometimes be difficult to have change in your life, but I believe this will be a good season for Hull City and for me.

“There are many fantastic players here and the manager made some brilliant signings this summer.

“We must all come together now to get results on the pitch and do our best for the fans. It is all about results. We must work hard during the week to be stronger on matchday.”

Ramirez joins fellow Uruguayan Abel Hernandez as a newcomer to the squad and the 23-year-old believes they will help each other to settle in at the Tigers.

“I am so happy to be with Abel here,” added Ramirez.

“He is a great player and a good person. We are friends anyway and I’m sure we will help each other to settle here.”

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Absolutely, the current system isn't working, too many young players are getting snapped up just on the off-chance they turn into something special.

19. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I said this on another thread, I think this was part of SB thinking, have 2 from the same country will certainly make them settle better.

20. Cityswall

My only worry is that we don't want to start to develop British camp Vs a foreign camp in the squad. I don't think it will happen but that is always the worry