1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CTWD get behind The Tigers!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ollyhcafc, Mar 21, 2014.

1. ollyhcafc

ollyhcafc Active Member

When discussing the name change on the ballot thread. I brought up how i believe the CTWD campaign is unintentionally hurting our club.

No matter what side your on Im sure everyone likes our Tiger identity. Its our badge our colors its everything about our club without it we would be just another City. If we had to lose one association to me it would be city. The only thing i agree with CTWD is that an owner shouldn't force his views, other than that Im 100% behind the Allams. I also feel like the "no" campaign is tainting peoples views of our Tiger association which is as much if not a bigger part of our club than city.

If you take away the Tiger from our club we have nothing.

Seen as the CTWD group are the vocal crowd maybe they could get a few Tigers chants going on Saturday along with their 1904 chant. To show the fans and the media that we are the tigers and we are still proud of it. It may get a few people on the fence more in favor.

#UTT #HCAFC

2. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

WHOAH there Olly. WHOAH.

When I said I saw your point, it was that we don't sing "Tigers" enough. That's not CTWD's fault. That lays firmly and squarely with those proposing the name change.

3. ollyhcafc

ollyhcafc Active Member

haha well if they want to create a supporters trust they need to get all the fans on board.

4. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Who, the Allams? What has a supporters trust got to do with a Tigers chant or the price of fish?

5. x

x Well-Known Member

and there was most of us thinking the allams' intransigence was hurting the club.

on yer bike, stirrer, wrong target.

6. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Who is suggesting the Tiger could be taken from our club?

7. Pendulum Swinging Melons

People with a disturbing grasp of reality

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

What is really required, is for our owners to accept that the FA have rejected the name change and move on.

Instead, they're going to have a dodgy ballot that's too late to effect the FA decision.

And today, they've got a load of sponsors at the KC being asked to endorse the name change to the media.

Why drag it out? What's the point?

The FA have already said it's going to be declined, but now we seem intent on giving it a slow and painful death.

9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Surely that's liable for an FA charge?

EDIT. I forgot, the formal decision's not made yet.

10. SuitedandBooted

SuitedandBooted Well-Known Member

Bore off you tw@t

11. Quill

Quill Bastard

Wait, what?

That can't be legal or within the FA's rules.

Just another reason why it'll be rejected.

12. Gawge

Gawge Well-Known Member

Passion right there.

13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Presumably it's to sway the fence sitters in next weeks name change/vote of confidence ballot(if it's ever announced).

14. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

#NoToHullTigers ‏@NoToHullTigers
    We're only sorry we can't afford to invite our fantastic #CTWD members and supporters to a nice breakfast meeting like #hcafc did earlier.

#NoToHullTigers ‏@NoToHullTigers
    However, we trust you will rally friends and family to #VoteNOToHullTigers without such incentives because you believe it's the right thing.

15. Billy ask Queue

Billy ask Queue Active Member

Well said Olli HCAFC you've beaten me to this point and I totally agree with everything you say about the badge which in my opinion is head and shoulders above any other club emblem in British football and I can't think of many teams who are so closely associated with their own badge as we are. The Tigers chant seems to have disappeared at home matches replaced in the majority by City singing which seems rather to be aimed more as an anti Allan chant as supporting the team on the pitch. Just another point to ponder on CTWD wasn't on Saturday. It was CTW go 2 down judging by the mass exodus that followed the 2nd goal( I actually thought a Stadium evacuation announcement had been made).

16. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

Do people actually think before they post. The stadium exodus happens every single week no matter what the score. You know I am a member and supporter of City Till We Die and NOT ONCE have they tried to tell me how to behave, when I can or can't leave the ground or indeed what to chant. Really this is so annoying. I support the players on the pitch and CTWD but I have a mind of my own as everyone does. This is why I can see for myself that the name change fiasco is complete rubbish and WILL NOT bring more money into the club. End of Rant.

17. Wycombe tiger

Wycombe tiger Member

I have never seen or heard of anyone suggest we should drop The Tigers or any associations with it. It is the best nickname in the leagues and all that goes with it. What next - shoot Rory?

18. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Im sick to death of the name change

Almost every single thread has some mention of it

I wish the FA would bring forward their decision, and there's no point in threads like this, it's out of allams hands, out of everyone's but the FA

Perhaps we can leave it till the decision day.

19. Quill

Quill Bastard

You do realise even once the decision is official the name change will still be discussed on here for weeks after?

20. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

I hope that the "sponsors" get asked if they would do a similar sponsorship if the playing name was "Hull City" and as if it was "Hull Tigers" and what their reasons are.